What exactly is provided during DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhjay19

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm just wondering what I'd be given at the start of DAT.

Do they provide papers / pen / pencil? Do they replenish for every section? Or can I raise my hand and ask for more papers?

I've also heard that they provide 2 sheets of laminated papers? do they also give us erasers?

These might be silly questions, but I wanna prevent any disasters of running out of places to write/draw.

Members don't see this ad.

Two sheets of laminated grid paper with marker to write on them. Mine wasn't erasable. You can raise your hand to have the laminated grid paper swapped out with two new pieces. That's it. They don't provide any other pen/pencil/paper, nor are you allowed to bring your own.

Reactions: 1 users
like Feral noted above, they provide those things.
Also, I would make a blueprint of how you would use space on those sheets. I did'nt end up using all the space but if I had not planned on using the space wisely, it would have been difficult as sometimes you raise your hand and they take their sweet time in coming and replacing the sheets (seconds count).

They give you a security check that makes you feel extremely safe lol.

2 pens (request brand new ones) and 2 laminated sheets that have about 1 and 2/3 of the space available.

Members don't see this ad :)
Note in between science and pat section be prepared to draw grids and stuff do you have that fown before you start pat section

a security check? haha

I was joking cause he asked what he gets at the start of the dat. They do a check to make sure you don't cheat or sneak materials into the room. But they like wand you with a metal detector, make you roll up your sleeve and ankles, and check your hoodie if you have one, finger print you, and take your picture, and make you sign a paper haha. So it is a thorough check.

Reactions: 1 user