What Frustrates you Most about the Financial Aid Process?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What sources did you use to get financial aid information?

• Financial Aid Office at your College/University?

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Internet Websites?

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • Parents and Others Advice?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Didn't get any, just winged it?

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

FAOConnect

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I am fairly new to College Confidential but have been around the world of Financial Aid for years. I am currently both a student and an active blogger on a financial aid site dedicated to bringing the two together.

From a first-hand viewpoint, I am well aware of the frustrations that come along with the process of obtaining financial aid as well as the confusion that comes when the loans go into repayment. Just last week, my graduate loans were sold off to a different company, even after I had made every single payment on time.

My hope is that I will get some good feedback from people about what they find most frustrating when it comes to all aspects of financial aid. I would like to hear from students, parents, and even financial aid administrators. Perhaps through some good dialog, we can begin to make the entire process easier and more user friendly.

Thanks for your input and feel free to message me directly if there are matters you don't want to share with the entire site.

Thank you to College Confidential for providing this forum.

Members don't see this ad.