what goes into determining tech hours allotted at WAG?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharminfl

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
is scripts count the only variable? My store gets less hours per script than most other stores in my district. Is it possible they are being divvied up by the store manager to favor them? also, how much do you guys rely on IC3? how many times do you page for one on a busy day? how long do they stay to help?

Members don't see this ad.

Nobody answers our IC3 lol

Reactions: 1 user
Every Walgreens store is super understaffed... You're not the only one.

Members don't see this ad :)

Not necessarily. I floated at one store where having 3 techs at once was too many lol. The only had an overlap of 2 techs for only 1 hour

Not necessarily. I floated at one store where having 3 techs at once was too many lol. The only had an overlap of 2 techs for only 1 hour

Every Walgreens store is super understaffed because the CEO has made it the company strategy to cut costs (labor). He talks about this regularly on the conference calls after Walgreens releases earnings. The last few calls, analysts were grilling him on a more visionary strategy going forward like what CVS is doing with Aetna.

I get that, but I literally calculated the ratio of tech hours to script count in our district and we were last almost every week except a few. So I'm wondering if theres more to the equation.

It's an algorithm is what we're told. They take everything you do into account. Scripts, MTM, immunizations,etc.

Stores are all equal, some just seem worse because the staff isn't trained properly. If you came to my store, you'd think we were overstaffed.

There will be situations where they project wrong, talk to your DM if that happens.

Reactions: 1 user
how many states are mandatory counseling? i'm in california. i think this is the number 1 "issue" or factor in determining how efficient or inefficient we are. every new rx and copy, CAP! how many times are we changing manufacturers? CAP! dude it's the worst. the idea of mandatory counseling is good for the profession but the practice of it at WAG is just like....no no no. lol. the most efficient way to work is have a pharmacist be at the out window whenever possible, and let the techs work un-interrupted on w/e they're doing.

yeah i've heard even the amount of controlled substances factor in to tech hours.