What Grades Did You Pull In Your Prereqs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chevy Chase Fan

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bio I
Bio II
Chem I
Chem II
Phys I
Phys II
Orgo I
Orgo II

Just curious. I'm just getting started with mine (chem and phys), otherwise I'd post.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Truly, I don't know where you are headed with this post. Just curious to see what people have been accepted with? lol

^^ more or less. im not completely confident I can get straight As in them. I'm scared.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard once C's get degrees... it's true.

^^ more or less. im not completely confident I can get straight As in them. I'm scared.

Let me tell you I only know a few DO's that pulled straight A's in all their prereqs. It's ok if you get a B, or *Gasp,* even a C. I personally know people that have pulled two or more C's!!! OMG!! NO WAI! However, don't take comfort in this and try your absolute hardest in those prereqs... But remember college isn't all about books. Have some fun too.

I have a question. When people say you need a year in each of the above mentioned subjects for medical school, does that mean two semesters worth of classes for each one? Or is just one biology class the completed prerequisite for that subject?

I have a question. When people say you need a year in each of the above mentioned subjects for medical school, does that mean two semesters worth of classes for each one? Or is just one biology class the completed prerequisite for that subject?

A year means fall + Spring. Therefore Bio I and Bio II are a "year." (with labs)

some of the classes I took 4 years ago.. so based on what i remembered...

Bio I B+
Bio II A
Chem I A
Chem II A-
Phys I A-
Phys II A
Orgo I B+
Orgo II A

but again, grades are just part of it, everything's else counts too!
Best of luck!

some of the classes I took 4 years ago.. so based on what i remembered...

Bio I B+
Bio II A
Chem I A
Chem II A-
Phys I A-
Phys II A
Orgo I B+
Orgo II A

but again, grades are just part of it, everything's else counts too!
Best of luck!

So jealous, thats next to impossible at my school. If you can pull it off here, you need to literally have zero social life, no matter how well rounded you are

Bio I A
Bio II A
Chem I A
Chem II A
Phys I A+ (physics was the only class that i had A+ avialable)
Phys II A
Orgo I A
Orgo II A

A's in the labs as well, except for physics lab A-

So I took my share of B+'s so I can personally say that they do not kill you.
Bio I B+
Bio II A
Chem I A-
Chem II B+
Phys I B+
Phys II B+
Orgo I A-
Orgo II A

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Ehhh... this thread is bound for failure. Most of those willing to post thier grades are the ones that are proud of them. There will be far less with C's posting thier grades. Just keep in mind that the grades you are seeing are skewed a bit and are not all inclusive of all applicatnts.

All A's or A-'s except for Physics I (C+) and Organic I (B+), but I have friends that were accepted with multiple C's (mainly in their organic and physics courses.) Good grades in upper level science courses will help balance your application out and show that you pushed yourself to improve, and you always have the option to retake some of the ones you performed the worst in.

Bio 1-A
Bio 2-B
Physics-B
Physics 2-B
Chem 1-B-
Chem 2-B-

currently taking orgo now, did better on upper level courses but got a C in histology.

Bio I A
Bio II B+
Chem I B
Chem II B+
Phys I B
Phys II A-
Orgo I B
Orgo II B

and i got a B-,C,C+ in three labs (orgo,bio,chem) but mostly B's and A's.

Got into 2 schools so far and had a 3.4 sGPA, 3.4cGPA

Here let be the first who is not proud of his pre-req's, they include labs:

Bio I - C+
Bio II- A
Chem I - B-
Chem II - C+
Phys I - B+
Phys II - B+
Orgo I - C
Orgo II - Retaking, doing very well so far with A's on assignments (worth 50% of mark)

Like I said, I know of one person who actually got B+ or higher on his pre-reqs. He had mainly B+, A-, and some A. The guy was one of like 3 Canadians to ever be accepted to Cornell med. I shoulda chose a different school:p

Bio I A-
Bio II B
Chem I A
Chem II A
Phys I A-
Phys II A
Orgo I A-
Orgo II A

Genetics B
Biochem B

So far: 2 interviews (DMU, KCUMB).

Except every medical school factors retakes into your GPA, don't they?

If you retake a course both the original grade and the second attempt will be factored into your GPA for allopathic schools.

For osteopathic only the second attempt's grade will be factored in.

Ehhh... this thread is bound for failure. Most of those willing to post thier grades are the ones that are proud of them. There will be far less with C's posting thier grades. Just keep in mind that the grades you are seeing are skewed a bit and are not all inclusive of all applicatnts.

ill admit... i got an F in one of those classes

Quater system..so we need to take 3 bio classes..got a B for BIO III and A for the rest of prereqs..

Bio I A
Bio II B
Chem I A
Chem II A
Phys I B
Phys II A
Orgo I B
Orgo II B

No +/- grading at my school.

Did pretty "bad" on all my pre-reqs. Bs in all of them except chem 2 (A).

3.5sGpA/3.6cGPA. Just got my first acceptance today!

congratulations!

what other kinds of science classes did you take, if you don't mind my asking?

you must be on cloud 9 brotha.

Bio I B+
Bio II A-
Chem I B-
Chem II C+
Phys I A
Phys II A-
Orgo I A
Orgo II A-

Can you guess that general chem and bio were in my first year of being premed? :)

Bio I A
Bio II A
Chem I A
Chem II B+
Phys I A
Phys II B+
Orgo I A
Orgo II C+

Bio I B+
Bio II A
Chem I A
Chem II A+
Phys I A
Phys II B
Orgo I A+
Orgo II A

Bio I B+
Bio II A
Chem I A
Chem II A+
Phys I A
Phys II B
Orgo I A+
Orgo II A

man, whats up with these A+ grades, lol. does that get factored in as a 4.33?

nah its just an A or 4.0, it just makes us feel better haha

man, whats up with these A+ grades, lol. does that get factored in as a 4.33?

lol, I wish. A+ is sometimes given in classes where there is no curve and you receive a 98 or 99+% or sometimes to the top 1 or 2 grades in the course. It was rare it was even an option for most of my classes.

Here let be the first who is not proud of his pre-req's, they include labs:

Bio I - C+
Bio II- A
Chem I - B-
Chem II - C+
Phys I - B+
Phys II - B+
Orgo I - C
Orgo II - Retaking, doing very well so far with A's on assignments (worth 50% of mark)

Like I said, I know of one person who actually got B+ or higher on his pre-reqs. He had mainly B+, A-, and some A. The guy was one of like 3 Canadians to ever be accepted to Cornell med. I shoulda chose a different school:p

I'm here for you. Your grades still make mine look bad. Just to give people confidence that you can actually get in without straight A's. Quarter system.

Bio I - C+, retook for A
Bio II - C-, retook for A
Bio III - B+
Genetics (Bio IV) - A+
Chem I - C
Chem II - C
Chem Lab - B
Phys I - C
Phys II - C
Phys III - A-
Phys Lab 1 & 2 - A
Orgo I - C
Orgo II - C
Orgo III - C+
Orgo Lab 1 & 2 - B-

Thus far, 6 interviews, 2 attended (1 acceptance, 1 waitlist), 2 cancelled, 2 upcoming.

Bio I A
Bio II A
Chem I A
Chem II A
Phys I B
Phys II A
Orgo I B
Orgo II A

lol, I wish. A+ is sometimes given in classes where there is no curve and you receive a 98 or 99+% or sometimes to the top 1 or 2 grades in the course. It was rare it was even an option for most of my classes.

I'm here for you. Your grades still make mine look bad. Just to give people confidence that you can actually get in without straight A's. Quarter system.

Bio I - C+, retook for A
Bio II - C-, retook for A
Bio III - B+
Genetics (Bio IV) - A+
Chem I - C
Chem II - C
Chem Lab - B
Phys I - C
Phys II - C
Phys III - A-
Phys Lab 1 & 2 - A
Orgo I - C
Orgo II - C
Orgo III - C+
Orgo Lab 1 & 2 - B-

Thus far, 6 interviews, 2 attended (1 acceptance, 1 waitlist), 2 cancelled, 2 upcoming.

DbDan is my role model

DbDan is my role model

:laugh: shouldn't be. Learn from my mistakes but don't give up hope if you don't get perfect grades. The fact I have worked 50 hours a week in healthcare for well over a year now, have a strong upward trend and strong LORs is definitely what i attribute my success to this cycle.

Also remember, I had to re-apply after an unsuccessful attempt at 24 schools last cycle.

A in everything but O-Chem II in which I got a B.

congratulations!

what other kinds of science classes did you take, if you don't mind my asking?

you must be on cloud 9 brotha.
I'm a biology major and tended to do better in higher level classes (I like smaller classes and more focused... so I am nervous that I will start getting Bs again in medical school... but I'll be in medical school so it will be OK).

My favorite classes are neurobiology and behavior, and I tend to do well in them.

I also took summer courses at a 4-year good college back in my home state that helped my gpa -- took stats, reproductive, microbiology + lab, biochem there... this school was a "easier" than my school and still in the top 150 of all colleges according to US news.

I'm also getting a masters in biology and have a 4.0 currently... proving that I can do well in sciences, if I want to.

AND yes, cloud 9! I am so happy!

I'm a biology major and tended to do better in higher level classes (I like smaller classes and more focused... so I am nervous that I will start getting Bs again in medical school... but I'll be in medical school so it will be OK).

My favorite classes are neurobiology and behavior, and I tend to do well in them.

I also took summer courses at a 4-year good college back in my home state that helped my gpa -- took stats, reproductive, microbiology + lab, biochem there... this school was a "easier" than my school and still in the top 150 of all colleges according to US news.

I'm also getting a masters in biology and have a 4.0 currently... proving that I can do well in sciences, if I want to.

AND yes, cloud 9! I am so happy!

Congrats! Oct 15th was the day to start hearing back from MD interviews too was it not? Anything on that front thus far?

This actually leads me to another point to make. Your pre-reqs carry less weight if you have substantial upper division coursework with better grades. My pre-reqs can be misleading. I was a Physiological Science major, which is essentially a systems based anatomy major with electives in everything from biomechanics, cell biology, disection anatomy, exercise and diet physiology.

I had a 3.3 or 3.4 in my major during my last 2 years. Hard work is what gets you into med school, the pre-reqs are to demonstrate that you have a foundation knowledge but it is important that you work hard and show that you are qualified in whatever way possible. Don't think your pre-reqs are the determining factor, there are a variety of other things that go into the admission process.

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats! Oct 15th was the day to start hearing back from MD interviews too was it not? Anything on that front thus far?
Apparently MD schools are suppose to notify after Oct 15th. Some schools listened to this, some didn't. The 2 or 3 schools I'm expecting to hear from are notifying after the 15th (which will be tomorrow - and will either send the emails or call then). The other schools will be 2-3 weeks from now.

Bio I - A
Bio II - C+ (Thinking about retaking it)
Chem I - B-
Chem II - A
Orgo I - B
Orgo II - Haven't taken yet
Physics I - C - retaking now
Physics II - A

I have a bunch of upper bios/chems that I did above average in...genetics, endocrin, neuroscience, immunology, biochem I and II

Apparently MD schools are suppose to notify after Oct 15th. Some schools listened to this, some didn't. The 2 or 3 schools I'm expecting to hear from are notifying after the 15th (which will be tomorrow - and will either send the emails or call then). The other schools will be 2-3 weeks from now.

Good luck! I ventured over to the Allo forum long enough to see the e-mailed video that Michigan sent out and was surpemely jealous that I don't get a sweet video like that :laugh:

Congrats on the acceptance, the first one is a HUGE weight off your shoulders. Good luck with the remainder of them!