What happened to those who committed academic misconduct?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Sometimes I read horror stories that rival those of Stephen King in which pre-med students commit academic misconduct and find themselves REALLY set back in applying to medical school, or any professional school for that matter.

Anyone have any stories to share during this pandemic? Furthermore, if you've found yourself in this situation, what are you doing now? Any advice you can give to those who committed academic misconduct to help them hopefully get into school?

Let this be a reminder to everyone that cheating is NOT WORTH it! Yes, you can get it away with it, but the slight risk is still not worth it. It will really devastate your chances of getting into med school.
The only story I know of is that someone used their phone during an orgo 1 exam and the professor caught them red-handed :smack: I'm sure it gave them... ALKYNES of trouble. Haha get it! An alkyne! (C-C triple bond btw...)

Well, I thought it was funny...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It depends upon the infraction. But I'd wager that for severe ones, those kids are either doing something else, or go to the Carib.
What’s the deal with Carib schools anyway? I know they’re kinda like the ‘last resort’ kinda thing, but are they easier to get into?

Does going to a Carib school make it harder to find a residency?

What’s the deal with Carib schools anyway? I know they’re kinda like the ‘last resort’ kinda thing, but are they easier to get into?

Does going to a Carib school make it harder to find a residency?
They are, and they do. They engage in educational malpractice.

Reactions: 1 user
Is that what we are reduced to? Synthesizing jokes in hopes we may bond? Or this just a mechanism to pass the time? I will just distill my thoughts in that its Ether this or a big bottle of 40% aqueous alcohol.
Get a handle on yourself before you force us aldehyde from the thread. This kind of talk is borderline propane, and I don't have time to keep my ion you.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users