What happens if I dont show up for my DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Twitch2Much28

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my DAT scheduled for April 21st and I can't push it back any further. I was unaware that I have to take my test within the 6 months of signing up and April 21st is my last day. Does anyone know what my options are? Are there any consequences if I do not show up for my DAT? Can I sign up for another date?

I don't mind spending the extra $450 to sign up again if I don't show up for scheduled DAT. I would rather take the DAT in May knowing that I will get a better score and not have to wait another 90 days to retake it. I am currently scoring 20+ in General Chemistry Practice tests, Reading Comprehension, and PAT. My goal is to consistently score 20+ in every section. I have a long way to go in Biology and Organic Chemistry because I have neglected those two subjects so far and feel like I will be ready in the middle of May.

Members don't see this ad.

You just forfeit the $450 you have already paid and you'll have to submit another application again. I don't think there are any consequences besides having to pay again and waiting for a new eligibility email and number.

Reactions: 1 user
You just forfeit the $450 you have already paid and you'll have to submit another application again. I don't think there are any consequences besides having to pay again and waiting for a new eligibility email and number.

Thank you!

Do you know if I can submit that application right now, or would I have to wait until after April 21st ?

I have my DAT scheduled for April 21st and I can't push it back any further. I was unaware that I have to take my test within the 6 months of signing up and April 21st is my last day. Does anyone know what my options are? Are there any consequences if I do not show up for my DAT? Can I sign up for another date?

I don't mind spending the extra $450 to sign up again if I don't show up for scheduled DAT. I would rather take the DAT in May knowing that I will get a better score and not have to wait another 90 days to retake it. I am currently scoring 20+ in General Chemistry Practice tests, Reading Comprehension, and PAT. My goal is to consistently score 20+ in every section. I have a long way to go in Biology and Organic Chemistry because I have neglected those two subjects so far and feel like I will be ready in the middle of May.

As per the ada, see attachment for FAQ's

"If I do not show up on my test day or cancel my appointment, do I have to wait 90 days?

No. If you do not test within your 6 month of eligibility or if you do not show up for your test date, that information is not sent to dental schools and does not count as a testing attempt. A testing attempt is when a student sits for a test at the testing center and has accepted the confidentiality agreement at the beginning of the test. If you do not take an exam under your application, you can submit an application without any waiting period. "

Attachments

• dat_faq.ashx.pdf
    262.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you!

Do you know if I can submit that application right now, or would I have to wait until after April 21st ?
I think you may have to wait until April 21st when your current eligibility expires, before they can give you a new number to schedule a test with.

As per the ada, see attachment for FAQ's

"If I do not show up on my test day or cancel my appointment, do I have to wait 90 days?

No. If you do not test within your 6 month of eligibility or if you do not show up for your test date, that information is not sent to dental schools and does not count as a testing attempt. A testing attempt is when a student sits for a test at the testing center and has accepted the confidentiality agreement at the beginning of the test. If you do not take an exam under your application, you can submit an application without any waiting period. "
Thank you Dr. Romano! I've been using your DAT destroyer to help me prepare for my exam

• Love
I think you may have to wait until April 21st when your current eligibility expires, before they can give you a new number to schedule a test with.

I received an email from the ADA, and they extended my eligibility to July 1st. I'm certain that this extension is due to the Pandemic. Does this mean I can now reschedule my DAT past April 21st? I tried to reschedule it on Prometrics website, but I still could not pick a date past April 21st.
I can't tell whether:
A. I can't schedule it past April 21st
or
B. I can schedule it past April 21st and their system is not up to date due to the closure

I attached my original copy of my ADA email and the one they sent out just a week ago

Last edited by a moderator:
I received an email from the ADA, and they extended my eligibility to July 1st. I'm certain that this extension is due to the Pandemic. Does this mean I can now reschedule my DAT past April 21st? I tried to reschedule it on Prometrics website, but I still could not pick a date past April 21st.
I can't tell whether:
A. I can't schedule it past April 21st
or
B. I can schedule it past April 21st and their system is not up to date due to the closure

I attached my original copy of my ADA email and the one they sent out just a week ago
You might want to delete your screenshots/crop them diff cause your name is on there. <--- I did it for you so you aren't doxxed, but you can put them back up again w/o your name.

I think it's option B: They may have just not updated your records yet to give you that extension, or maybe just no dates are available for now since I'm guessing Prometric centers are closed for the next few weeks and they're unsure of when they'll open again?

I'd maybe try calling them to see if you can grab ahold of anyone and ask them. Sorry :(

You might want to delete your screenshots/crop them diff cause your name is on there. <--- I did it for you so you aren't doxxed, but you can put them back up again w/o your name.

I think it's option B: They may have just not updated your records yet to give you that extension, or maybe just no dates are available for now since I'm guessing Prometric centers are closed for the next few weeks and they're unsure of when they'll open again?

I'd maybe try calling them to see if you can grab ahold of anyone and ask them. Sorry :(
Thank you so much, I appreciate the help!