What happens if ...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WannaB2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't leave a deposit by Jan 15, do I lose my spot and its gone completely?

Members don't see this ad.

Yep, they assume you're not interested. USC said that they actually need to receive the deposit a few days BEFORE the deadline because it has to go through a few offices before it finally gets to the right people. USC does not have a "mailed by this date" policy. They actually have to have it in their hands on the date.

Yep, they assume you're not interested. USC said that they actually need to receive the deposit a few days BEFORE the deadline because it has to go through a few offices before it finally gets to the right people. USC does not have a "mailed by this date" policy. They actually have to have it in their hands on the date.

It's true and I guess that's why they usually send the new round of acceptance on January 8-10th because they already know if somebody is interested or not. Somebody who is interested in the school has already mailed the deposit.

Not all schools have a Jan 15 policy. I know that Stoybrook only has until Dec 30th. Be careful and make sure that you have the right date before you wait till the last minute to accept.