SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

What happens when you transfer?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by millionDsmile, May 7, 2007.

1. millionDsmile

millionDsmile

May 7, 2007
    Hey everyone, I just have a quick question.

When one transfers colleges, their GPA usually starts fresh at the new college. So what happens then? Will dental schools combine the GPA from the first college with the GPA from the new college? Do they disregard the GPA from the first college? Will it be counted in the science GPA?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. reapply2007

reapply2007 Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jun 23, 2006
    All of your undergraduate coursework gets compiled into one statistical pile. From this pile is cummulative, BCP, and other science GPAs. The same is true for your grad work. If you have grad work you'll get a seperate breakout with the same categories but it will involve only your graduate coursework.

4. livinthedream

livinthedream 2+ Year Member

Mar 9, 2007
    same as above, just make sure you understand each school's grading systems so you can enter in your grades correctly. I transferred from a semester school to a quarter school with different grading systems and had to convert my quarter grades from numerical grades to letter grades. It's not too bad though, ADEA has a grade conversion chart that you use. Good luck w/applying!