What has changed from the 2017 DAT to the 2018 version?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zzz-docta-is-here

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was scheduled to take the DAT in December of 2017 but did not feel ready so I decided to extend the test date. Since I have the Math destroyer from the prior year I was wondering if anyone knew if anything has been added or removed so I can study as efficiently as possible, and If anyone thinks its necessary for me to purchase the new round of destroyers? any and all advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Personally I don't think you need to buy the newer Math Destroyer, the only difference will be that it includes QC problems (which can be found on Bootcamp as well, or on the additional problem set that Orgoman created). I think the number of tests will be the same, or it might have 1-2 more. Just be sure to do all of them! The more practice, the better!
QC by Orgoman: Orgoman (Destroyer) New type QR Problems - Free for all

Reactions: 2 users
Took the DAT last week and used the 2016 Math destroyer. It was insanely accurate. No need to purchase a new version in my opinion. Remember to supplement it with BC for quantitative comparison!

As you have mentioned, the major difference between the 2017 and 2018 versions of the DAT are in the Quantitative Reasoning section. Specifically, there are now Quantitative Comparison, Data Sufficiency, and Data Interpretation questions now appearing on the test. Also, there is a reduction (and sometimes elimination) in the number of trigonometry questions. Make sure to find study materials that allow you to practice these new question types!

Members don't see this ad :)