Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I've always loved animals, and that's the reason I'm applying to vet school in the first place, but now that the deadlines are coming and I feel like this is The Real Deal, I'm not so sure about vet school.
I really do have an interest in animals, but not in microbiology, virology, and all those medical things that are part of the curriculum in vet school. I'm pretty sure I could do it, it's just that I'm not interested in medicine much. If it weren't for the animals, I would not consider being a vet at all.
But recently I've been working at an animal clinic, and I like that ok. It's pretty cool work, and I think I'd enjoy being a vet.
so my problem is this - what if I don't like vet school?
Is this a normal problem? Should I be seriously concerned about my decision to apply? I mean, I do have interest in becoming a vet, but it's just that vet school curriculums only have 1 or 2 classes in them that I'm really, truly interested in.
For you guys that have been through it all, what do you suggest I do?
I really do have an interest in animals, but not in microbiology, virology, and all those medical things that are part of the curriculum in vet school. I'm pretty sure I could do it, it's just that I'm not interested in medicine much. If it weren't for the animals, I would not consider being a vet at all.
But recently I've been working at an animal clinic, and I like that ok. It's pretty cool work, and I think I'd enjoy being a vet.
so my problem is this - what if I don't like vet school?
Is this a normal problem? Should I be seriously concerned about my decision to apply? I mean, I do have interest in becoming a vet, but it's just that vet school curriculums only have 1 or 2 classes in them that I'm really, truly interested in.
For you guys that have been through it all, what do you suggest I do?
