What if UWorld wrote a book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrmandrake

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK, I know this might sound stupid but bear with me. What if UWorld put together a book using all the information they use in their explanations and put it in an organized and cohesive format? Would that be something that would be helpful for Step 1?

My friend said he took notes on all the UWorld questions and structured it into something that would be easy to follow along. He said he'd send it to me but I'm overwhelmed with resources already so I'm planning to turn him down.

This question is for those who have taken Step 1 and went through UWorld. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I know it takes me hours to write down all my notes from Q-banks...too much in fact, but I am neurotic that way. Yeah it definitely would save time. I think anything with the "UWorld" label on it would be a solid sell.

I guess I should clarify. I am planning to use mainly FA + Goljan + UWorld and maybe quickly go through the other specific high yield books. I guess what I want to know is if UWorld adds any NEW information, or does it only ask things in such a way that gets you thinking about how to associate the information you already have in your head.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea..that would be great if you could send this to me too lol ! it would save me ALOT of time and I could cross reference with my notes once I start doing them.
thanks!

I don't really think putting it into a book would help that much. U World has its strengths -- great question format, content, and answer explanations) -- but like any other Q bank, you learn from it because you read the same material over and over...

For instance, Fanconi's anemia might be a correct answer in one question and a wrong answer in 4 other questions, but you get to read about it 5 times. Sure, it would be great to take all those explanations and put them together into one, but it kind of beats the purpose of the repetition and getting into the habit of answering questions... Just my opinion :)

I've had several PMs about sending the "book" that my friend is working on and I just wanted to let everyone know that I don't have it. He just has a ton of notes right now and is trying to put it together into chapters. I'll update in this thread if he ends up sending it to me.