What if you had these choices?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Where would you choose to go?

• Drexel

Votes: 12 7.4%
  • UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnson

Votes: 20 12.3%
  • Tulane

Votes: 32 19.6%
  • Wake Forest

Votes: 68 41.7%
  • Penn State

Votes: 31 19.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acp2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Where would you go?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where would you go?

This is the wrong forum, but.... No one is going to give you any non-snarky advice unless you mention why you are considering these schools, money issues, etc...
I voted for Tulane, since I like to party on Fat Tuesday.

This is the wrong forum, but.... No one is going to give you any non-snarky advice unless you mention why you are considering these schools, money issues, etc...
I voted for Tulane, since I like to party on Fat Tuesday.

I'm from NJ, but am strongly considering both Wake and Tulane over the other schools just based on the impression that I got during the interview days. I am yet to receive any financial information from any of the schools, but I applied for need-based aid. Wake and Tulane are pretty different though, and I am having a hard time deciding. I just wanted to see what people thought.

You've gotta go Wake Forest. Have you seen their mascot? Talk about commanding respect!:D

wake-forest-replay-peels-wake-demon-deacon-peel-wf-peel-x-00001md.png

I'm from NJ, but am strongly considering both Wake and Tulane over the other schools just based on the impression that I got during the interview days. I am yet to receive any financial information from any of the schools, but I applied for need-based aid. Wake and Tulane are pretty different though, and I am having a hard time deciding. I just wanted to see what people thought.

RWJ then. Unless you got some really bad vibes from there. From what I understand their match is decent, and you'll probably save 50-100k unless you qualify for need-based/merit money from Wake or Tulane. If money isn't an issue, I'd say Wake, but if you prefer cities then Tulane might be better since there's not much going on in Winston-Salem.

These are opinions-

Drexel- Not worth the price/did not it AT ALL when I visited.

Tulane - Don't know much about it but I wouldn't go just because it's so far from the Northeast and you don't get instate tuition.

RWJ- This would be my pick since you get instate and they have an impressive match list.

Wakeforest- Same with Tulane

But if you see yourself unhappy at RWJ then you may pay the extra 10-20k a year to go to the other schools.

I'm not from your state, but I would probably go to my state school over other places, based on COA alone.
Im also partial to the NE, so RWJ is better on that front, too. Complicated decisions...

What's with these polls with no background information?

I'd look at:
Clinical training and research opportunities (specifics and in general, based on my interests)
Cost
Distance from family/friends/support system
Immediate location and access to a major city.

i won't vote. i'm a bit biased due to my regional preference. i probably wouldn't even apply to some of those schools.

I guess what people don't realize is NJ gives you a crappy break on tuition...

Hey,

Thought I'd chime in. I'm from Jersey and I was pretty much in this position last year (minus Wake b/c I went to school in NC and couldn't imagine living in Winston-Salem). I picked Tulane and haven't looked back. A big thing for me was that I wouldn't be living at home if I had attended UMDNJ, and when I factored in the cost-of-living + increases in in-state tuition, I thought saving ~10K or so a year wasn't that big of a saving. Just my two cents.

Gl!

This is just my opinion, but I would go to Tulane. I was set on going to Tulane until I got into UCSD a month ago (my Alma Mater). That being said, I loved New Orleans, I loved the folks at Tulane, and I think that there are really unique training opportunities in NOLA found nowhere else. I am excited about returning to SD for school, but NOLA will always have place in my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.