What if your school doesn't offer a pre-req?

Started by 161927
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

1

161927

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My school--inexplicably--does not offer an Anatomy and Physiology sequence.
 
I was in the same boat. Many schools ask for 8 credits of A & P and my alma mater didn't have it. So I took at a community college and it will transfer over.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I agree. You must take the course elsewhere. Pharmacy schools do not make exceptions.
 
My school did not offer it as two separate courses either so I just took it at a local community college. If the schools you are applying to accept online coursework, you can try to find online courses as well. I don't know how anatomy/phys labs would work out online though
 
Has anyone had a positive experience taking Human Anatomy+Physiology online? I saw Berkeley Extension offers Human Physiology online, but not the anatomy part.
 
Has anyone had a positive experience taking Human Anatomy+Physiology online? I saw Berkeley Extension offers Human Physiology online, but not the anatomy part.

Make sure that the schools you are applying to allow online courses for prereqs. Some don't.
 
I'm taking a&p online right now. The lecture part is ok, but the lab is rather...lacking. You watch videos online and from dvds.