What if?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

VeterinaryLover

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a undergrad. Biology Student at a school in the south. I want to go to UPENN for grad. school. I had spoken to a Vet Tech a few months ago. She told me that I should take a Vet progam before I go to vet school. I didn't tell her that I want to go to UPENN b/c I haven't decided what grad. school. I wanted to go to yet.

Should I take the Vet program after I graduate and then go to Vet school. or should I go straight to Vet school after I graduate?
 
Go straight to vet school...I've never heard of specifically a 'vet program', although I'm sure they exist somewhere. I don't know anyone who has done that. If the vet tech is referring to post-bacc, that would be something to consider if your grades are low. If your grades and other stuff are competitive, there's no reason to do any more.