What is "2 clicks?"

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ArkansasRanger

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm a prehealth guy and just got back from the optometrist. He wasn't much into patient education, which I could tell, but I was ok with that.

I noticed my vision in my left eye isn't as good as it used to be, but all told he said I still had 20/20 vision. He did say that I had "two clicks" of astigmatism. I know what astigmatism means, but I couldn't get him to explain two clicks to me?

Care to take a second and tell me? Thanks. 🙂
 
So I'm a prehealth guy and just got back from the optometrist. He wasn't much into patient education, which I could tell, but I was ok with that.

I noticed my vision in my left eye isn't as good as it used to be, but all told he said I still had 20/20 vision. He did say that I had "two clicks" of astigmatism. I know what astigmatism means, but I couldn't get him to explain two clicks to me?

Care to take a second and tell me? Thanks. 🙂

In general, eyeglass lenses come in quarter diopter steps so when testing vision, one "click" is normally a quarter diopter so two would be a half diopter of astigmatism.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad