• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

What is a head hunter?

jeff2005

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2002
    yaah said:
    A "head hunter" is someone generally hired by companies or businesses to find employees for them. Like a recruiter. They are not necessarily insiders or anything, just a point of contact.

noticed your Pink Panther quote. I love Peter Sellers! I couldn't bring myself to see that movie about his messed up life - I want to keep my happy memories of him.

About the Ads

yaah

Boring
    Moderator Emeritus
    15+ Year Member
    Aug 15, 2003
    Fixing in 10% neutral buffered formalin
    1. Attending Physician
      jeff2005 said:
      noticed your Pink Panther quote. I love Peter Sellers! I couldn't bring myself to see that movie about his messed up life - I want to keep my happy memories of him.

That was a pretty good movie - Geoffrey Rush is a good actor. It was kind of a disturbing portrayal though, but I always figured he was weird.

RyMcQ

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Sep 27, 2004
        EvilNewbie said:
        People have been throwing that term around as if he was an inside man who knew where are the jobs were or something... more importantly, how do I get one? :)

Head hunters know where all the crappy jobs are. Most groups do not resort to hiring head hunters until they are desperate to fill a position.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
        15+ Year Member
        Sep 9, 2004
        1. Attending Physician
          RyMcQ said:
          Head hunters know where all the crappy jobs are. Most groups do not resort to hiring head hunters until they are desperate to fill a position.

I had a headhunter who was sent me pics of herself, would chat with me for hours at a time and even suggested she could set me with dates (I wanted to meet a radiologist). That crap has to be illegal, regardless some of these people play foul.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.