What is a head hunter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EvilNewbie

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
People have been throwing that term around as if he was an inside man who knew where are the jobs were or something... more importantly, how do I get one? :)

Members don't see this ad.

A "head hunter" is someone generally hired by companies or businesses to find employees for them. Like a recruiter. They are not necessarily insiders or anything, just a point of contact.

yaah said:
A "head hunter" is someone generally hired by companies or businesses to find employees for them. Like a recruiter. They are not necessarily insiders or anything, just a point of contact.

noticed your Pink Panther quote. I love Peter Sellers! I couldn't bring myself to see that movie about his messed up life - I want to keep my happy memories of him.

Members don't see this ad :)
jeff2005 said:
noticed your Pink Panther quote. I love Peter Sellers! I couldn't bring myself to see that movie about his messed up life - I want to keep my happy memories of him.

That was a pretty good movie - Geoffrey Rush is a good actor. It was kind of a disturbing portrayal though, but I always figured he was weird.

EvilNewbie said:
People have been throwing that term around as if he was an inside man who knew where are the jobs were or something... more importantly, how do I get one? :)

Head hunters know where all the crappy jobs are. Most groups do not resort to hiring head hunters until they are desperate to fill a position.

RyMcQ said:
Head hunters know where all the crappy jobs are. Most groups do not resort to hiring head hunters until they are desperate to fill a position.

I had a headhunter who was sent me pics of herself, would chat with me for hours at a time and even suggested she could set me with dates (I wanted to meet a radiologist). That crap has to be illegal, regardless some of these people play foul.

LADoc00 said:
I had a headhunter who was sent me pics of herself.

Naked?