What is a Troll?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shambohh

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
sorry, but i don't frequent this site enough to know what that means?

Members don't see this ad.

shambohh said:

Allow me...

Anywhere else, but in the pre-analpathic forum, a Troll is an individual with a sense of humor. However, here it is the equivalent of being suspected of being a communist in 1950's Hollywood or a witch in Saalem.

As long as you are not funny, don't worry, no one will accuse you of "trolling."

This is from the FAQ's of this site, and, yes, do not try to be funny.

Trolling / Repeat Trolls

The term troll is a slang term used to describe a number of things, traditionally it refers to a person who posts items intended to incite controversy or conflict. An individual posting honestly-held but controversial opinions is welcome at SDN. However, trolls are not. A troll's primary incentive is the incitement of conflict. Trolls often resort to verbal abuse, making inflammatory remarks maligning the motivation of other guests. Those guests that behave in this manner will be banned immediately and without notice. Banned trolls that return to the SDN Forums will be immediately banned again upon identification of their new account. Those who repeatedly return to troll will have their IP address blocked.

Members don't see this ad :)
shambohh said:

heh, a troll would be someone who purposely upset a majority of others on this board through inflammatory comments(Some times because they are bored and want to have some fun, other times because they are *****s)... such comments could include: "MDs are better than DOs" (NOT TRUE), "minorities are to blaim for me not getting into med school... damn affirmative action", etc, etc

Yeah..

Pretty much someone who is out to nothing but start trouble. Also called a 'keyboard comando' or an 'e-thug.'

Troll = GuyLaroche

virilep said:
Troll = GuyLaroche

There are those, who've seen me in person, who would absolutely disagree.