What # is AADSAS up to

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

probergum

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was wondering what the most recent #'s given out by the AADSAS are. About how many applications have they received at this time?

Members don't see this ad.

Perhaps we can start an SDN count-off to figure this out :laugh:

I'll start. . . I have submitted an application to AADSAS. That makes atleast one. . . :D

im # 1641....when i spoke to aadsas today they said they're working on mailing #4...im in #7, which should be sent out early/mid-september.

Members don't see this ad :)
The biggest # I know of is around 1750, I would guess around 2,500 max applications have been submitted with an average of 150-250 per month. I think there will be a huge peak in november -january about 1,000-2,000 more for those late bloomers. But this is just my estimate.

DesiDentist

I submitted the application online on Aug 11. Needless to add but I haven't heard anything about my number etc...at the rate they seem to be processing my guess is that i am looking at 1st week of Oct for them to send my stuff out. I am so pissed off that I waited so long to submit...

crimson,

don't be upset at yourself. Just make sure you are one step ahead now. Get all your LOR's ready, transcripts, app fees. So by the time they get all your stuff in Oct/mid-Oct then you will be good to go. You have a good shot at getting interviews before Dec. 1. Make sure you send out the secondaries immediately when you receive them.

You will be fine.

DesiDentist

Crimson,

Oct. is still a fine time for schools to receive your app. You'll get interviews in November and December, which isn't bad at all. Just be on top of things, as Desi said.

When I talked with those at el loco headqtrs a guy said he has seen aps in the 3000's. From the posts I've read do not put any weight in this.

Matt

I remember last year when I was applying......I found the AADSAS helpline people to be some of the rudest, most unhelpful people I had ever spoken with! :mad:

All the people I've spoken with this year have been very polite and helpful, however that doesn't mean I've trusted a thing they've told me. Good thing I don't have to try to decipher their statements any longer.:)

every person ive spoken w/has been polite and helpful :)

Originally posted by vixen
every person ive spoken w/has been polite and helpful :)

Me three!!

Yeah, sometimes I call just to amuse and entertain myself. I have never taken their words seriously. I remember I called 4 days after submitting my application (June 10th) and Arie (sp?) told me: "yes, sir your application was mailed to the schools yesterday."

I was like "huh?" Then 60 days later I found out that he had no clue what he was talking about. Its all good. At least all the schools have gotten my app.

DesiDentist

Wow! I'm really glad you guys didn't have to encounter the same people I did.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted Aug 13th, I called today and the guy told me my number is 2328. Hope that helps...

Originally posted by ohgee
I submitted Aug 13th, I called today and the guy told me my number is 2328. Hope that helps...

wow, this gives a very accurate picture then. Around 2,750-3,000 people have applied thus far. So What do people think? Another slow year? I thought there would be at least 5,000 apps in by end of August. Or maybe there are, but AADSAS is really slow? Anyways, it good news for all of us.

DesiDentist

About 8,700 applicants are expected to apply this year (2002), which should be up slightly from the numbers of last year (2001 official numbers are not available yet.) Non-official numbers cite 8,400 applicants last year.

The only concrete recent numbers released by the ADEA thus far is that 7,770 students applied in the year 2000 (with or without using AADSAS).

So the large, and unofficial picture, shows:

2000 - 7,770
2001 - 8,400
2002 - 8,700 applicants

Online Application on Aug 11, 2002
AADSAS # is in 2100 range

I called AADSAS today... I am in the 8th mailing 'scheduled' to go out next week (I am in # 2100 range).

I hope/think they are getting faster.

mine was submitted Aug, 19th and # is 2500's, 9th unit.
I heard that they just finished mailing unit 7th last week and work on 8th now.

I sent mine in on july 23rd and my # is 2300's. Would this be the 8th batch or the 9th? How do you know? I didnt even get my confirmation copy yet.

crimson...did you get any confirmation yet? your copy of you app? do you know when your app will be sent out to the schools?

Acc to AADSAS folks the 8th mailing went out on thursday (9/19)...I haven't received the confirmation sheet yet.

hi,

i mailed mine on 8/26. i'm in the 2600's range. i dont know what batch i'm in and not sure when they'll send me the confirmation sheets. does anyone know if AADSAS send out the confirmation sheets to the applicants before the applications get mailed out to schools? or after? or one simply cant tell? thanks.

- sallyc!

Technically, you ought to receive the confirmation sheet just as your app. goes out to the schools. That's how mine was (but I was an AADSAS# less than 10). I get the impression from reading other posts, however, that the confirmation sheets are now arriving 2-3 weeks after schools get the apps.

thanks galvinc!

i just called their office. i'm in batch 10th. hopefully it will go out in the next 2 wks. im really praying for interview before dec 1st and get all these stuff settled before i leave for studying/travelling in australia next yr.

- sallyc!

Does anyone know how long it takes for schools to review the application and decide for an interview once the application is received from AADSAS?
I know it depends on schools. ...but approx. time..

Anyone send in their application recently/Sept?
Curious to see how many people have applied so far?

Just so ya'll know: I submitted my application late august, and my aadsas number is in the 2600s. I just talked to a very polite woman at aadsas and she told me that I was in batch 10. They are still working on batch 9 though, and she didnt know when batch 10 is going to be sent out. I'm crossin my fingers that I get the pre-december interviews, but I dunno at this rate. What do you guys think the chances are of "we-sent-in-our-applications-not-early-and-not-late" people having interviews before december?

Rovert,

There are many factors to this. It also depends upon schools and how fast they are. would give it 2 weeks for your batch to get sent out, then another week for it to get to schools. Then the schools take it from there. Also, it depends on if you have sent in all your app fees, transcripts, LOR's, and other materials to facilitate the process. Then schools will send you their materials another week and it may take a week to send them their secondary and another week for them to process it and then anothe week to send it to commitee for review, if you get an interview the letter will take a week to get to you and you need to call and schedule the interview and that also depends if they have room.

I know Boston University is already sending out interviews for the end of November/early December.

So, all in all, I'm thinking that your looking at at least 1.5 months (6 weeks) to 2 months (8 weeks) to officially schedule an interview.

Hope this helps,

DesiDentist

Such a pain in the A** why is aadsas so slow?

thanks desi... but you raise another question... for those of you who already schedualed interviews, how flexible were the schools with schedualing your interview? Did they give you a wide range of days, or did they give you one and said "take it or leave it?" Also, how soon after you received your interview invitations were you able to schedual your interview? Did they have free days the week after, or did you have to wait a month or more before your interview? Thanks alot for any info.

It is 50/50. Some schools like NOVA and BU just give you a date and say "take it or leave it" and other schools will let you call in and schedule on availablity. I know that Temple will not schedule more than 15 people for a given day, and UPENN will keep it around 6 people. So you are free to schedule your interviews at your convenience, but remember first come first serve and that may mean that the first available interview date might be after December. Also, remember almost all schools will only interview the first two weeks of Dec. and then go on break, some schools upto mid January.

DesiDentist

I just called AADSAS and found out that I was in batch 10. I believe that he said it should go out next week. I submitted on August 23. The man with whom I spoke was very polite. . .got to support the people who are bugged by us eager and nervous callers day in and day out :)

Originally posted by DesiDentist
Also, remember almost all schools will only interview the first two weeks of Dec. and then go on break, some schools upto mid January.

One exception would be Arizona. They won't BEGIN interviewing until December, with invitations being sent out in November.

As was posted before, they ought to let candidates know of their acceptance/denial only several days after the interview, so money may be placed to hold a class seat.

valid point. I guess there is no Christmas and holiday season in AZ. It feels like spring to them. Anyways, hopefully they are doing the right thing. Maybe they are doing this so only those people who truly want to go to AZ will wait and put down a deposit.

DesiDentist

I sent my app out on 9/4 via web.
and I am number #3260
I just got my number yesterday

richdds

Tufts also has the "take it or leave it" policy for interviews...
what do u guys think? is that good or bad?

~Qoo

I just got off the phone with AADSAS and was assigned a # in the 3500 range. They told me it would probably go out in the 12th or 13th mailing. I submitted my app. online on September 12th.

Talked to AADSAS the other day, im in the 3800's and applied online Sept. 23.

Wow!! 4000 apps in already, by the end of December There will be around 6000 or maybe even 7000 apps in, its looking like a 9,000 app cycle or even more, yikes.

DesiDentist

Anyone know exactly how many people applied last year? No guesses, just factual info.

I think Gavin put up an actual counting which was under 8,000 applicants. It is on this forumn somewhere.

DesiDentist

Last year was 7700. I think that's not bad. In 1999, I submitted my application in aug and got the 4000 range. I've got to call AADSAS and ask for my number now.
I submitted on Sep 23. Can we call if it's less than 2 wks? I noticed that someone submitted the same day with me got a 3800. So, I guess that I can call?
T

Hi Tink,

Just wondering why you applied late this year, especially when you are a re-applying applicant?

DesiDentist

I applied in late January last year and my number was in the low low 6000's. I find it hard to believe that many more people applied after me, as I applied right around most schools deadline