What is better dat score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hmmmmm

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i took canadian dat

and applying for US school

which is better

AA 22
Pat 22
Carve 17

OR

AA 20
Pat 22
Carve 23?

Members don't see this ad.

i took canadian dat

and applying for US school

which is better

AA 22
Pat 22
Carve 17

OR

AA 20
Pat 22
Carve 23
RC 21?

We're also applying to UBC and U of Alberta

We're also applying to UBC and U of Alberta

I like how you added the RC score in your quote, lol. Are you two just trying to figure out which one between you two did better? I can think of two better ways to figure out which score is better than asking people to figure it out for you. The first is to average all the scores you received. That probably won't give you the best result as the DAT is on a bell curve. If you were supplied with percentages along with your scores as with the American DAT, I would average those. Or you can just wait and see which person gets in to more dental schools, and let that answer the question:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I like how you added the RC score in your quote, lol. Are you two just trying to figure out which one between you two did better? I can think of two better ways to figure out which score is better than asking people to figure it out for you. The first is to average all the scores you received. That probably won't give you the best result as the DAT is on a bell curve. If you were supplied with percentages along with your scores as with the American DAT, I would average those. Or you can just wait and see which person gets in to more dental schools, and let that answer the question:)

i was just wondering if US schools do average scores like that or if they weigh AA/PA/Carv differently