What is considered early cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ajafarnia

Reaction score
I'm submitting my application on June 16 (since applications take 4-6 weeks to get verified) and taking the DAT on July 15. Do you think I still could get pre December interviews? I emailed my schools of choice and they all stated they don't have a problem with it but they would not evaluate my application until they get my DAT scores. I am freaking out because it takes 2-4 weeks for DAT scores to get verified (which puts me at august 5 if it takes 4 weeks) and many people say you are not considered an early applicant if you submit your application after August 1.

Members don't see this ad.

you'll be fine, that's still pretty early. You'll definitely get pre-december interviews

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm submitting my application on June 16 (since applications take 4-6 weeks to get verified) and taking the DAT on July 15. Do you think I still could get pre December interviews? I emailed my schools of choice and they all stated they don't have a problem with it but they would not evaluate my application until they get my DAT scores. I am freaking out because it takes 2-4 weeks for DAT scores to get verified (which puts me at august 5 if it takes 4 weeks) and many people say you are not considered an early applicant if you submit your application after August 1.
I have a friend who did the same thing last year, he got interviews and is starting dental school in a few months. Just be sure to do well on the DAT. :)

xoxo

Some on SDN would have you believe that "early cycle" is before the official opening submission date. Everything afterwards is late.

Reactions: 1 user

I have seen candidates getting pre-December interviews who took their DAT in August.