What is DNP school like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dallasmavericksko

Reaction score
My wife will be starting DNP school next summer for 3-year FNP program. I am graduating residency this year and starting a 3 year fellowship in heme-onc next summer. For those of you who have done NP school recently, specifically DNP school, how busy was it and what is a typical week schedule like? From what I can gather online, it sounds like most of the curriculum is online-driven and you only have to go onsite or into clinics a couple of times per week. Is this right? Is it possible for my wife to continue working as a bedside RN while attending DNP school?

Members don't see this ad.

My wife will be starting DNP school next summer for 3-year FNP program. I am graduating residency this year and starting a 3 year fellowship in heme-onc next summer. For those of you who have done NP school recently, specifically DNP school, how busy was it and what is a typical week schedule like? From what I can gather online, it sounds like most of the curriculum is online-driven and you only have to go onsite or into clinics a couple of times per week. Is this right? Is it possible for my wife to continue working as a bedside RN while attending DNP school?

I worked weekends during my NP/DNP. 24 hours a week was busy but do-able. I wouldn’t recommend doing any more than that. If it’s 3 years I assume she’s going year round?