What is it like dealing with insurance in private practice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

racermike1967

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can any currently employed ENT's provide their experiences in dealing with insurance companies while working in private practice?

I would love to hear input from ENTs that have been practicing for a while.

Is it as bad as the physicians in other specialties claim it to be?
I have read in several other posts that it is so bad that some physicians are considering going back to school for a different career.

What are your thoughts/experiences?

Thank you all.
 
Can any currently employed ENT's provide their experiences in dealing with insurance companies while working in private practice?

I would love to hear input from ENTs that have been practicing for a while.

Is it as bad as the physicians in other specialties claim it to be?
I have read in several other posts that it is so bad that some physicians are considering going back to school for a different career.

What are your thoughts/experiences?

Thank you all.

Yes, it sucks, probably as bad as you've heard. But you need to ask a bit more specifically than that to get a reasonably useful answer.
 
Yes, it sucks, probably as bad as you've heard. But you need to ask a bit more specifically than that to get a reasonably useful answer.

Thank you for replying.

I don't have a specific insurance-related question but I just wanted to get a feel for how the medical specialties fare with the insurance companies. I know with Family practice it is a very huge pain in the rear to the point where physicians consider other careers but do the specialtists feel the same way?
 
Thank you for replying.

I don't have a specific insurance-related question but I just wanted to get a feel for how the medical specialties fare with the insurance companies. I know with Family practice it is a very huge pain in the rear to the point where physicians consider other careers but do the specialtists feel the same way?

yep