what is minimum RC score do you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ilyas

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took PCAT on halloween day...

I got just 72 percentile... and I got 15% on RC section.

you guys think I have a chance? I really am depressed now... can i get some your opinion?

BIO 85
CHEM 89
QR 81
CR 15

COM 72

my GPA is 3.56 but I took all prerequisites at 2 year college.

Members don't see this ad.

you guys think I have a chance? I really am depressed now... can i get some your opinion?

BIO 85
CHEM 89
QR 81
CR 15

COM 72

Screw RC. you did great in math and sciences

BIO 85
CHEM 89
QR 81
CR 15

COM 72

Yo can you list all what you used to prepare....great score...screw RC once again...you did great. ..i didn't do well in my, so i wanna retake in January, so i need all the help i could get

Sent from my SGH-I317M using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
thanks but still I can't get out my grim feeling, do you think there is no minimum score of RC ?
Depends on the school in Puerto Rico a minimum of 10 is required in all areas but people want to be competitive so they get higher scores than that.
In your case since you did so good in all the other areas I don't think they would put emphasis on it.

This situation is much better than the converse: good in reading and bad everywhere else.

By the way that RC was a headache.

Yo can you list all what you used to prepare....great score...screw RC once again...you did great. ..i didn't do well in my, so i wanna retake in January, so i need all the help i could get

basically same materials that most use I used. Dr collins and my notes of science and in math I don't used certain materials... you know this is math not easily improved one in a certain ways... practice and practice.... but in collins test set statistics summary is useful. and also some typical style questions you could find in Dr collins test set, then I standardized solution of these. from these I solved 2,3 questions in saving time.

and if i can add one thing more... just cover widely specially about biology and make your own note, I know it takes time but it will be worth and eventually you can save your time in my opinion. I made more than 100 pages bio summary note.

I used kaplan, but there were too many details in it, the more i read the more i forget, since i have little time now, do you think the 3 pearson practice would be enough? My RC score was specifically low, it's as though you divide yours into 2, so was my biology having less than 50% in something i had so much confidence in, my chem was less 65%, i thought i was going to kill it the most, cos Chem is like a cracker to me and QR, I was caught unaware and i freaked out...let me know bro

Sent from my SGH-I317M using
I used kaplan, but there were too many details in it, the more i read the more i forget, since i have little time now, do you think the 3 pearson practice would be enough? My RC score was specifically low, it's as though you divide yours into 2, so was my biology having less than 50% in something i had so much confidence in, my chem was less 65%, i thought i was going to kill it the most, cos Chem is like a cracker to me and QR, I was caught unaware and i freaked out...let me know bro

Sent from my SGH-I317M using

I didn't use Kaplan so I don't have any opinion on that and... I just want to say this, I am not bone in here and my language is not english, even... I am not bilingual. English is completely second language to me. So... It means in any conditions you is better than me. Man... don't give up! and don't be frustrated on you ever! You go with your dream If you are not with beautifully painted future picture of you how can pull yourself? Sometime we need to be generous to ourselves. If someone does it, means... you can do it too!!!

ps... even I envy your english level which you think not enough. Ugh..... I got 15. damn 15, man. 15!!!!

I didn't use Kaplan so I don't have any opinion on that and... I just want to say this, I am not bone in here and my language is not english, even... I am not bilingual. English is completely second language to me. So... It means in any conditions you is better than me. Man... don't give up! and don't be frustrated on you ever! You go with your dream If you are not with beautifully painted future picture of you how can pull yourself? Sometime we need to be generous to ourselves. If someone does it, means... you can do it too!!!

ps... even I envy your english level which you think not enough. Ugh..... I got 15. damn 15, man. 15!!!!
I just re-registered... wanna try harder this time, success is not an option, it's a MUST. Thanks man

Which school are you applying to? Also, I heard that Dr. Collins is better than all for PCAT.
i don't decide yet anything. Even I haven't complete pharmcas. I took PCAT at halloween so the oficial score is not received. And as you saw, my RC score is unbelievably low... still I am depressed.:cryi:

ilyas, you don't have to take the PCAT again. You did good on the other sections. What did you use to study for PCAT?

hecksflakes, are you going to retake PCAT? What did you use to study? Also, I thought the November PCAT test was the last one we can take before applying to pharmacy school for this cycle.

I used Kaplan I got from a friend and one pearson practice for the last test and yes I am retaking. Before the September/October cycle ended, there was another registration cycle that was due November 3rd, and the exam comes up Jan. 3rd - 4th, so, yea, the Jan exam will still meet up with this year's cycle and again it depends on the school you are applying to, in my case, I applied to University of Toronto.. Do you just wanna take for the first time or you are planning to retake? if planning to take for the first time or retaking and you haven't registered yet, you can still do that, the late registration deadline is Dec 13th