What is testing center like??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bjord146

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Im wondering what the testing center is specifically like. Do they set you in a separate room with the computer and close the door? Do they place you at a noisy row of desks that are somewhat isolated? Or is it something else. Thanks, Brad

Members don't see this ad.

I am not sure if each center is different, but there is a row of partitioned work area with a computer and headphones that are used for muffling the noise. You can hear other people moving, the hum of the computers, ect. You will get a pencil, a couple of sheets of paper and thats it.

-C

Same for me. There were ~12 comps in the room. You have your own workspace and can wear provided earphones. We got 2 pencils and a packet of pink scratch paper. There is very little traffic in/out of the room and it is monitored closely. All the people in the room are taking exams, so the noise level is very low.

Make sure you dont rip the paper, because I accidently ripped it and they thought i was using it for the ANGLES. Cameras are all around you, with you in a cubicle beside other test takers taking different tests. Its a real nice and quiet environment, you wont even notice that there are other people in the room once you get the dat started. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
bjord146 said:
Hi,
Im wondering what the testing center is specifically like. Do they set you in a separate room with the computer and close the door? Do they place you at a noisy row of desks that are somewhat isolated? Or is it something else. Thanks, Brad
Go visit urself before the testing date, so u know hows the setting.

DDS:) said:
Go visit urself before the testing date, so u know hows the setting.

I couldn't agree more. In fact, maybe visit it a few times and get comfortable with everything. And dont just go in and out... take a half hour (Around the time when you plan to take your exam) and stay there.

You never know... there may be a train station or helicopter landing area nearby that you may not have even known about! You probably think I am joking... sadly, I'm not.

When I took my exam two years ago in Chicago they were shooting for the movie "Batman Returns." At one point I actually looked up to the ceiling and had to laugh. And if your wondering... the earplugs just didnt cut it. Funny part is... when my exam was over, I didnt hear a sound!

-True Story- :cool:

Wow. That's just terrible, Fariba. Thanks, girl. I will make sure I check the test center a couple of times before the real thing.

When I took the test, there was something going on in the office next to the testing center. It was kind of like in an office building, and I could hear people from the office next door on their lunch break or something. They were so loud!! I could hear them laughing and talking throughout most of my test. The headphones didn't drown that out at all.

It was really really annoying.

I heard there is a microwave in the room so is it true that I can rush through some sections so I can savor a hot pocket during the exam?

Hot Pocket :barf: