What is the Average MCAT for DMU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nervous Pre-Pod

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
On DMU's website it says that their average MCAT for the class of 2020 was 490... That seems really low. I was under the assumption that DMU was one of the more competitive schools. Anyone have any insight on that number? On the catalog it said 497. That's a difference of 20 percentile points!

Class profile - Des Moines University

Members don't see this ad.

Well I can tell you that if you have a 490 they will tell you to retake unless you have somewhat of a GPA closer to 4.0. It's super competitive and it doesn't hurt to apply and take your chances.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I doubt any of the pod schools average mcats are 490. Thats probably DMU's cut off

Members don't see this ad :)
I doubt any of the pod schools average mcats are 490. Thats probably DMU's cut off
I hope that's the case! That's an embarrassingly low average. I understand if a few people get in with that score, but that is crazy for an average. Did you click on the link? It's possible that I'm understanding it wrong, but it looks like the average MCAT for the class of 2020 was 490...

Yeah. It seems too low to believe that thats the AVERAGE

Reactions: 1 user