Nervous Pre-Pod

2+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2017
Status
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
On DMU's website it says that their average MCAT for the class of 2020 was 490... That seems really low. I was under the assumption that DMU was one of the more competitive schools. Anyone have any insight on that number? On the catalog it said 497. That's a difference of 20 percentile points!

Class profile - Des Moines University

esamoham

Trust me, I am a doctor.
2+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2016
East Coast
Status
  1. Podiatry Student
Well I can tell you that if you have a 490 they will tell you to retake unless you have somewhat of a GPA closer to 4.0. It's super competitive and it doesn't hurt to apply and take your chances.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Nervous Pre-Pod

2+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2017
Status
  1. Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I doubt any of the pod schools average mcats are 490. Thats probably DMU's cut off
I hope that's the case! That's an embarrassingly low average. I understand if a few people get in with that score, but that is crazy for an average. Did you click on the link? It's possible that I'm understanding it wrong, but it looks like the average MCAT for the class of 2020 was 490...

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads