What is the best science course to take?

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

CrazyboyMD

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I originally signed up for AP Chemistry next year...I am then told that it is one of the hardest AP courses in the school, and unless you have an aptitude for math, you shouldn't take it...

So I got to my guidance counselor and she signs me up for Honors Physics (I took AP Biology my junior year, I am a rising senior in HS)

But I honestly do not want to take Physics...And my friends tell me it's boring....My Guidance Counselor tells me Colleges like to see Chemistry, Biology, and Physics....

So one of my only science course options left is AP Environmental Science, should I take it? Do colleges like to see that type of course in your transcript? Has anyone here taken AP Environmental?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At my school, APES was the cop-out, easy A AP class.
Grades are most important, and junior year is more important than senior year. You really just need an AP class. The reason you may want to take either Chemistry or Physics is because those are pre-reqs, so you will be better prepared to take those classes in college and will get a better grade.