What is the best study material for DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ernie7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am about to start studying for my DAT, I was wondering what the best study material is? Crack DAT/PAT, DAT destroyer, DAT prepbook, Kaplan course, or anything else??? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I am about to start studying for my DAT, I was wondering what the best study material is? Crack DAT/PAT, DAT destroyer, DAT prepbook, Kaplan course, or anything else??? Thanks
I used destroyer and make really high score in science. kapplan blue book is good but cant use it alone.

kaplan course: not recommend at all.

If you dont have any science background, you can take kaplan course. But it's expensive though. If you already took gen chem, o chem, and severl biol classes. you can buy destroyer + kaplan book to study. and buy topscore + achiever to practice.

buy crack that pat or use this forum for that section.

Members don't see this ad :)
I enrolled kaplan class...I think it's useful, but I did not do super well on my dat!

I heard that Kaplan course is good; not the lecture portion but the online material.
But it's still overpriced in my opinion.

I used the DAT Destroyer and highly recommend it. I also used Kaplan & Topscore. Along with my textbooks and other notes!

Cliffs AP biology, princeton review mcat hyperlearning biological/physical science books (not a must but i thought the bio and gchem was great), CDP, SAT II-math book, Kaplan subject tests, Destroyer (the roadmaps are awesome and it gives you more practice questions to do)

I haven't really used any of the stuff most people use on here like Destroyer for example... for science I used the Kaplan book as a guide to see what topics to learn about (didn't use the info in the book). I took a lot of bio courses for my major (did Biochem) and made tons of good notes over the years which I'm reviewing and for the rest of the stuff that wasn't covered in previous classes I'm looking at an Anatomy/Physiology textbook.

For Chem and Orgo, I also reviewed both textbooks and made sure I understood all the important concepts along with solving a ton of problems... I did pretty well in both classes in school so hopefully the review I did was sufficient.

Haven't taken the DAT yet but we'll see how it plays out, hopefully the material I been reviewing is sufficient relative to all the different study guides people use to prepare.