Medical What is the best way to get to know different schools?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to a conference last year and was introduced (a little late probably) to the power of networking with admissions from different medical schools. I have been fortunate enough to keep up with some of the schools that I got to meet in person so that they can remember my name and app, but how would one go about reaching out to other schools? Cold emailing members of admissions doesn't seem to be getting much of a response. Thank you!
What type of networking event? Do the schools you want to contact hold their own events? Does your prehealth advisor know of alumni that attended those schools?

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

It was a research conference for biomedical sciences. A number of medical schools were in attendance handing out fliers and introducing us to current students and admissions officers at different booths. For those schools, I have established contacts that allow me to ask program specific questions and develop a relationship with them. Would other schools be open to developing this kind of relationship with prospective students?

Yes, especially if you attend one of their own recruiting events or through a reference from a very respected and successful student or alumnus.

Yes, so back to my first question, what is the best way to reach out to different schools? Cold emailing does not seem to be the best method. If I were to call I'm not sure what I would say more than a brief introduction... Would you suggest calling?
You didn't answer my questions which shape my answer: Do the schools you want to contact hold their own events? Does your prehealth advisor know of alumni that attended those schools?

Some schools don't respond positively to phone calls, others do. My office preferred email but others don't. Some med schools have specific networking events including online where they pay attention to people who engage that way. Many will reply to you if you come with a recommended referral.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.