What is the best way to study math?

Started by kew
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kew

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know that practice tests are the best way become good at math, but do I need to really read through the books to learn it? I have a lot of practice tests with explanations at the end. Should I just do those? I know I could do it all, but what is really necessary for a good score. I don't want to overdo it since time is of the essence. thanx, Kenny
 
When I tutor ppl on math (or chemistry), I see them dive head-first into frantic writing down numbers BEFORE they understand completely what the question is asking.

If you have to read the question twice to understand it fully, then do it. If you understand what the question is asking, then you will know if you can take a short-cut by plugging in the numbers from the answer choices or not.

Practice, practice, and practice!

Good luck.