What is the difference between unofficial and official scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DDDHUnter

Reaction score
I have just taken the DAT and is fairly pleased with my score. I just want to ask what is the difference between the unofficial and official score? Previous posts on this subject said something about checking for probably cheating but what does that mean?

Members don't see this ad.

I think the difference is just that unofficial scores are a print-out that you get immediately while official one is what they send out to schools directly so it’s guaranteed to be genuine. It reminds me official vs unofficial transcripts. You can get a PDF instantly but that’s unofficial but the ones that the registrar sends out are official and not tampered with. There’s no difference in grades or scores, just the delivery.

As for cheating, the score might be voided if abnormalities were found after the fact. Unless you cheated and got caught on camera, you don’t have to worry about your official scores being different.

I have just taken the DAT and is fairly pleased with my score. I just want to ask what is the difference between the unofficial and official score? Previous posts on this subject said something about checking for probably cheating but what does that mean?
This is what is stated on ADA.org
Unofficial score reports, generated at the test center, are provided for the examinee upon completion of the test. Official score reports are reported to those schools requested on the application approximately three to four weeks after the test.

This is what is stated on ADA.org
Unofficial score reports, generated at the test center, are provided for the examinee upon completion of the test. Official score reports are reported to those schools requested on the application approximately three to four weeks after the test.

Thank you for your answer. Your various resources like the DAT destroyer and the youtube channel is a great help in helping me prepare for the DAT. However, one complain I will have is that the bio section of the youtube playlist sis scattered and keep jumping around subjects. In addition, the organic section has an overemphasis on reactions and ignored the other types of questions (they are is in the destroyer itself, but I am talking about the youtube channel) such as comparison of acidity and reaction intermediates.

Thank you for your answer. Your various resources like the DAT destroyer and the youtube channel is a great help in helping me prepare for the DAT. However, one complain I will have is that the bio section of the youtube playlist sis scattered and keep jumping around subjects. In addition, the organic section has an overemphasis on reactions and ignored the other types of questions (they are is in the destroyer itself, but I am talking about the youtube channel) such as comparison of acidity and reaction intermediates.
Thank you for your feedback and I will discuss it with Dr. Romano and the team. Glad you are enjoying the DAT Destroyer, know the book Cold!

Wishing you the best!