what is the largest and/or deepest rust ring removal you have done?

Started by drbizzaro
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

drbizzaro

Varilux/Essilor Advocate
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the largest (diameter wise) or deepest rust ring removal you have done?

I recently had one where the patient left the FB in his eye for over 3 weeks before having me remove it with the rust ring. He was informed of the outcome of permanent scarring secondary to him leaving the FB in there for that long.
 
I don't get bothered by depth or size. I get bothered by location. I have debrided 2-3 mm sized rust rings on the periphery. I think it is wise to go half way, wait 1 - 2 days and try again. The deeper rust rings will grow to the surface and you can debride then in relatively safe fashion.