Step I what is the most popular pysiology text book ?

Started by Gayret
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Originally posted by hndrx1a
Regular text, not review:Guyton.

I reccomend for regular test: Costanza. She wrote a non-BRS reg text book which covered 95% of everything I was taught in cass.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Originally posted by hndrx1a
Not to change this thread, but what text did you guys use for Physiopath?

I take my Costanza book, and lay my BRS Path book on top of it.
 
Particularly effective when both are wet, so the pages take on an almost translucent quality.

Seriously though, I use pathophys for the boards and wards.
 
BRS Phys was awesome. That's all I read when I took phys as a 1st year and did well in the class, having never had any physiology in undergrad. If you're familiar with the book, it's a quick read to study for Step 1. I think last summer I spent 1 day reading it, and considered that to be my phys prep for Step 1.
 
I think Costanzo is great, either the review text or her more complete text.
Pathophys for Board and Wards has been useful too.

Anyone have a suggestion for a good OB/GYN book that is less detailed than Lange?