What is the process ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Olgie

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently have 2 semesters left (fall and spring) and maybe 2 classes during summer session II. I was wondering if someone could inform me about the process of applying to dental school. During spring I will be finishing ochem 2 and will start studying for the DAT. Someone told me to take the DAT around may/june. Is that good advise? Do I take the DAT first and then apply or the opposite? Im hoping to bring my gpa up in the next coming two semesters since it is only a 3.2 :( , I have also put in 100+ hours shadowing and plan on doing more next summer.

I would appreciate your help!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I think it would be a good idea to take your DAT during May or June, and if you do end up taking the dat during either of those months then you can submit your application after your dat.

process: before you leave for summer make sure you have all of your letter of recommendations in order (already submitted)
on june first, the application cycle usually opens, first day make an account at ADEA / AADSAS. Have your LORs sent, and have your transcripts sent, and fill out all your info essays shadowing work exp etc. submit this ASAP, even before your LOR's are received or your dat is taken.

when you take your DAT, and send your LOR's, adea will update your app and forward it to your schools an updated version. in the meantime you should have gotten secondaries already and will be filling them out. studying requires some serious prep time, so late june would seem more realistic for me, i dont know about you. id also recommend getting a LOR from a dentist including the number of hours you put in.

register for the dat at least a month before, you need to register for a dentpin first, and then sign up @ i believe the prometric website.

Thanks! I appreciate your help!