What is the "Rapid Eye/Glance" technique for angle ranking?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

diene

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I keep reading about this but I can't seem to find what it really is. Can someone please explain this to me?

Members don't see this ad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szRC-WHOJrc&list=UUafU75F7G0001id_v6PoNGQ&index=5&feature=plcp

Kind of a preview. It goes over the basics though. Credit to condog51 for his technique.

Basically though its just narrow down to 2 choices. Then move rapidly from 1 choice to the other with your eyes and go with intuition as to which one seems smaller. Its pretty helpful once you practice it and it helps on the 4-5 angle questions which are genuinely tough. If you want the specifics, you can purchase his PAT tutorial (I didn't and don't know if it is good, but I am sure it isn't so bad for the $30 or so he charges). Good luck studying for PAT. If you can navigate through CDP Angles, you'll kill the real DAT's angles.

Ushaseos is correct. Just keep in mind when using this technique, is that it's meant for 2 angles. It is a supplement to any other technique that helps narrow down answer choices (such as the "hill" technique). I personally used the rapid glance technique on the real DAT and it helped me a lot.

Members don't see this ad :)
It does work better with practice, but its entirely optional. If you're doing fine (i.e 10 or more out of 15) you really don't need it unless you're shooting for like a 22+ on PAT.