What is the right track ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

royalstagbce

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently a freshman at a community college, my major is clinical nutrition and plan on transferring to UC davis to get my pre dental done. I've been interning at a dental office since i was in 7th grade. My g.p.a currently 3.5. Any suggestions or help as to where i should go from here ???
Thank YOU!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Heart Surgery

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently a freshman at a community college, my major is clinical nutrition and plan on transferring to UC davis to get my pre dental done. I've been interning at a dental office since i was in 7th grade. My g.p.a currently 3.5. Any suggestions or help as to where i should go from here ???
Thank YOU!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Heart Surgery

1. Finish your 2 years at the community college strong. Work on signing a TAG for UC Davis if you can. Just be aware that there are dental schools out there with limitations on community college work, and some won't accept any community college work at all (e.g. Tufts).
2. Do a dental assisting or dental technology program if it is available at your community college
3. Start doing some community service that you can continue even after your transfer to UCD
4. Diversify your dental experience
5. After you transfer to UCD, get involved right away (bec you will have a short two years). Look into research, join a club you like and work up to a leadership position. Health sciences advising and Davis pre-dental society are both excellent resources to guide you.