What is the time off to study for COMLEX/USMLE Boards?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mandongo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know that some D.O. schools offer time off (from classes and other medical school studies) to students to study for their Medical Boards, while other schools absolutely do not. Does anyone have some information on whether a particular D.O. school offers time off and if so, how much time off? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

I know that some D.O. schools offer time off (from classes and other medical school studies) to students to study for their Medical Boards, while other schools absolutely do not. Does anyone have some information on whether a particular D.O. school offers time off and if so, how much time off? Thanks.

I know here at LMU-DCOM we will have Wednesday & Friday afternoons off for the Spring semester (OMS-IIs of course), plus our classes end Wed. May 21 and we begin an in-house Kaplan review course that goes until June 3. Then we have until we test to continue our studies. (For me that's probably around June 10)

Can anyone tell me if/or where the average COMLEX scores for D.O. schools are published. All school ever talk about is pass rates. No offense, but I don't just want to pass. This exam is a lot like the mcat isnt it? I mean that a "passing score" or just avg (24-25 on MCAT) is not competitive.

To get a good residency, you'll need way better than passing just like to get into top med program you'll need way better than an average mcat.