what is the topic of the personal statement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

batista_123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello,
i have 2 questions
1. the personal statement that is due june 1st, what is its topic? is it just "tell us why you want to become a doctor?"

2. is 2 weeks enough to write it?

thank you

Members don't see this ad.

1. Basically, yes.

2. Depends on how much time you have and how well you write. I took about a month of tinkering on it before I was ready to submit.

Yes, the topic is essentially "why do you want to be a doctor", but the trick is using the experiences that shaped your decision to show why you would be a good doctor.

If you really know why you want to be a doctor, 2 weeks is plenty of time to get something done. However, if you want to get technical, it isn't due June 1st. You should aim to have it done by then, but really anytime in June is good. You want it to be good, so don't rush it. Keep showing it to other people, get their feedback, but don't obsess too much. Get it in before July.

I think it's easier to use the TMDSAS prompt as a springboard for your essay. It just makes you a little more focused when you're starting out.

"Explain your motivation to seek a career in MEDICINE. Discuss your philosophy of the medical profession and indicate your goals relevant to the profession."