What is up with SUNY Upstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

senioritaelena

Let's go
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
K,
I just interviewed there, and everyine on this forum has been saying that they are full and are interviewing for waitlist.

At the interview another student brought this up to the admissions advisor and said that the interviewee's interviewer (faculty) told him the same thing. The admissions advisor said that there are only three people who can answer that question and she is one of them and the other two were not there. So, she said that they are still offering acceptances, but she said something else that I don't remember and it sounded kind of funny to me.

So, in short, has anyone recieved an acceptance from Upstate recently and has been by phone call or letter???

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard different things too. There might be a particular interviewer who's telling everyone that they're interviewing for waitlist only. This rumors been around since (at least) early March.

Members don't see this ad :)
lol, SUNY Upstate is now officially the only SUNY school to have simply rejected me without an interview...harshness.

Got the thin white envelope 2 days ago. Not that I really care, since I'd rather go to Downstate or Stony Brook (hopefully I get into one of them), but still...a little bruised in the ego =(

K,
I just interviewed there, and everyine on this forum has been saying that they are full and are interviewing for waitlist.

At the interview another student brought this up to the admissions advisor and said that the interviewee's interviewer (faculty) told him the same thing. The admissions advisor said that there are only three people who can answer that question and she is one of them and the other two were not there. So, she said that they are still offering acceptances, but she said something else that I don't remember and it sounded kind of funny to me.

So, in short, has anyone recieved an acceptance from Upstate recently and has been by phone call or letter???

Hmmm, I'm fairly sure I was there interviewing with you based upon your story (was the kid who said that my interviewer said the same thing). He basically told me that, given when we were interviewing - on the last day of interviews - we were "basically" interviewing for high priority waitlist. Whether that means that they have 1 or 2 spots and everyone else would max out at high priority waitlist or whether they have none, I don't really know. But I agree that when the admissions advisor said that (Ms. Chambers) I also thought something was weird in the way she phrased it. Sounded like she was saying that the class wasn't full because everyone wasn't completely locked in yet, so spots could still open up and more people be let in... But to me, that sounds like they've admitted the max for a class and are waiting for people to drop before accepting others - something that sounds awfully like a waitlist to me.