WHAT IS WITH NYMC and the AAMC PROCESS???? ARE THEY SMOKING CRACK???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ckat

wu ming
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
what gives????? NYMC still thinks i have multiple acceptances!!!

I called AAMC on may 14th, they said I have one acceptance.

Call Drexel on May 14th, they said they withdrew me in April.

Email from NYMC May 22nd, saying according to AAMC, I am still holding Drexel!

Call, AAMC and Drexel today and again, same as on May 14th, I am holding one acceptance and have been withdrawn from Drexel.

CAll NYMC and they mark me off!

I don't know, but this is kidna scary... why the heck after I go through all of this stuff to check my status that NYMC still has it wrong???????? That really pisses me off!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

another thought that's popped in my mind...

if this is a mistake that's more system wide rather than just on nymc's end, will this hurt my chances at my waitlists?

i think i'm gonna call my waitlist schools and ask them if they have me only holding one acceptance... :(

Is it possible that there was some (maybe just over a week) lag between NYMC seeing your Drexel acceptance on the aamc website and the time they sent your email? Maybe they were going off a list that should have been up to date prior to their emailing you? Besides, chill out, its just a warning, many schools are doing this right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
hmm, but i withdrew from drexel in early april, and drexel has confirmed 2x now that they withdrew me on april 8th.

i'm not quite sure where this confusion came from.

Man, I think you need to smoke something. It's not the end of the world.

that's true, perhaps i should. =P

Don't worry about it ckat-- AMCAS is just really slow... I confirmed my withdrawal from Drexel May 12 but AMCAS still has me down for holding that acceptance!!!!! but i called the school i want to attend and told them i already withdrew.. and everything is cool now... so dont'worry about it... its a nice day outside (at least in cali)! just enjoy it while you can