what is wrong with this TS and AA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marmar

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok, I am really confused because I see people with scores lower than mine in science or even overall have the same TS and AA as mine which does not make sense at all. I see someone with science scores like this
(PA : 17
QR: 16
RC : 17
BIO: 19
GC : 19
OC: 20)
has a TS of 20 and I got :

Bio 21
Gchem 22
Ochem 19
QR 21
PAT 19
RC 17
and these gave me
TS 20
AA 20
how does this make sense?:mad:

Members don't see this ad.

TS is merely based on the number of science questions you got right out of 100. I would think a TS of 20 would certainly be possible for a 19/19/20 score as well as a 21/22/19 score

Members don't see this ad :)
then if this is how they calculate it then do the schools weigh this more or the actual scores. do they even care about these averages?

unfortunately ADA scoring is kinda messed up, i just checked on my ADA raw sheet, the thing is if your sciences score falls between 76-80 out of the hundred then you get a 20! so youve got a higher score but the score is counted as a 20,
but the schools look at all your individual scores not just simply a total science. youre simply smarter:D

thanks for the response, I hope this is how you guys say and they look at the individual scores, that makes me happier.

It depends on the version of the test you had.

Doing well on harder test = High score (because more people do bad on hard test) Doing bad on easy test = really bad score (because more people do good on easy tests)
and so on....

this is y its called standardized test...the important part is the percentile

so getting AA 24 with 98 % is better than AA 25 with 87 % (not likely but giving u an example)

It depends on the version of the test you had.

Doing well on harder test = High score (because more people do bad on hard test) Doing bad on easy test = really bad score (because more people do good on easy tests)
and so on....

this is y its called standardized test...the important part is the percentile

so getting AA 24 with 98 % is better than AA 25 with 87 % (not likely but giving u an example)

I always thought and it was posted on SDN that the schools don't get the percentile. So how would they know if you had the harder or easier version of the exam?

I always thought and it was posted on SDN that the schools don't get the percentile. So how would they know if you had the harder or easier version of the exam?

The score is changed so that every test averages within the national ranges.

The point he was making is that you could get less questions right on a hard test and get a higher score than someone who got more questions right on an easier one. This phenomenon would go a long way in explaining the discrepancy in the TS scores.

Or, at least that's how I understand it.

So to answer your question, the percentile they see is the one you can get anywhere. By the time it goes to the schools, the scores have already been changed to reflect the specific test.

So to answer your question, the percentile they see is the one you can get anywhere. By the time it goes to the schools, the scores have already been changed to reflect the specific test.

So where do you get these "National Percentiles"? So my scores could potentially change?? perhaps be LOWER (!!!!) than what I originally thought I received? Is there anyway to find out what the adcoms are seeing?

Last edited:
theres no such a thing as a easier or a harder test! all the versions of the test are supposed to be in the same difficulty range, now if some people get lower score is because they havent studied right or ... i see always people scared of the Frap version of the DAT! cmon people ,theres one frap question and the whole world knows about it, so if someone is dumb enough to get it wrong again, im sorry! the percentile shows how well have u done and thats good for your own record,

... i see always people scared of the Frap version of the DAT! cmon people ,theres one frap question and the whole world knows about it, so if someone is dumb enough to get it wrong again, im sorry! the percentile shows how well have u done and thats good for your own record,

It's not the frap question most people are too worried about - it's the ethics passage in the RC that tends to show up with the frap version. Get your facts straight before you complain.