What is your 2018 prediction?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BMBiology

temporarily banned~!
Removed
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think 2018 will be a very rocky year for all pharmacists. The stock market is also too optimistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Pharmacists will face more competition in job market. Stock market will go higher ,but will face some correction. Bitcoin will be above 20K, and litecoin will be above 1000. Gold marks new come back...a new bull market. Hopefully, I still have my job as easy as it is now... Just my prediction.

Reactions: 1 users
Bitcoin will hit a million!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Crypto currency will crash. Pharmacist job market will continue to worsen. Naplex and MPJE pass rates will continue to decrease nationwide.

Stock market will crash by mid year.

Reactions: 5 users
Rph job market will remain strong in my trade area. 2015 grads will be coming off contract maybe I'll jump to WG and sign-on for another 20K.
Stocks will continue to hit new highs, along with housing.
I have no idea what a bit coin is.

CVS will staff their stores with at least 2 rphs at all times and everyone will praise how amazing they are.
40 pharmacy schools will close, the rest will lower tuition.
Prescription reimbursement will reach all time highs.
Patient health literacy and understanding of the role of the pharmacist will reach all time highs.
APhA will secure big wins for us.
Unchained will get a flu shot.
PAtoPharm will go a completely different direction and open a farm to table restaurant in Pennsylvania.
SDN will create a pgy2 residency for forum moderators.

All of the above will happen as a result of provider status which will happen because we will all contact our local representative next year.

Reactions: 26 users
CVS will staff their stores with at least 2 rphs at all times and everyone will praise how amazing they are.
Patient health literacy and understanding of the role of the pharmacist will reach all time highs.
PAtoPharm will go a completely different direction and open a farm to table restaurant in Pennsylvania.

All of the above will happen as a result of provider status which will happen because we will all contact our local representative next year.
lol

Can't wait to revisit this thread at the start of 2019 and see these bold predictions come to life.

My opinion, job market continues to decay. CVS/Wags continue to steal the soul of poor new grads as they dream of getting fulltime hours.

-Bitcoin will correct but stabilizes around 10k
-Whichever alt coin that coinbase begins selling will explode in value
-Interest rate hike will not affect the stock market, worse case a 10% correction will happen
-24 hours/week will be the new full-time for retail RPh
-HAIL MARY PREDICTION: Medical marijuana will be legalized under federal law

Not much will change.

The stock market will soar, then crash, then recover. The crash will be the fault of democrats and the recovery will be because of the republicans.

Pharmacy will become ever more saturated. (duh)

PAtoPharm will still be letting us know what a good decision he made to abandon pharmacy while being extremely evasive about what he is actually pursuing currently.

Without the individual mandate Obamacare will effectively be gutted. Somehow this will be good for healthcare?

I have no prediction for bitcoin except that some people will make a lot of money and other people will lose a bunch of money. I expect some surprises about who is in each group.

Electric cars will become a plausible mainstream vehicle.

The colony on Mars makes a shocking discovery.

No one will be talking about net neutrality anymore.

Reactions: 3 users
Ohhh how could I forget the most important prediction of all?!

Escribe systems will add the all-important "Forward" option to their systems finally allowing pharmacies to comply with DEA regulations.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Going out on a limb here & saying Gabapentin will be rescheduled as CV in a few more states but not federal yet. Really wish e scribing will become a federal requirement

OTC sildenafil in the states seems like a possibility (OTC now in UK)

Reactions: 2 users
Going out on a limb here & saying Gabapentin will be rescheduled as CV in a few more states but not federal yet. Really wish e scribing will become a federal requirement

OTC sildenafil in the states seems like a possibility (OTC now in UK)

E-scribing is a pain in the butt on provider side..

1. cvs opens a pharmacy school and starts a residency program.
2. More Pharmacy programs will start offering pharmd/pa joint program.
3 patopharmd poster starts PA program then later decides to drop out to start a paleontology program

Cvs and Walgreens begin a multi year process of decreasing store counts. Mail rder script counts rise yoy through baby boomer aging into 2030

"PAtoPharm will go a completely different direction and open a farm to table restaurant in Pennsylvania.":soexcited::heckyeah::heckyeah::highfive::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

I think 2018 will be a very rocky year for all pharmacists. The stock market is also too optimistic.

-Pharmacy continues to get more saturated. Some pharmacy school start to close for the first time in 50 years. Wages for pharmacists stay pretty much the same but pharmacist unemployment rates increase by a few percent.

-New Government BLS survey comes out showing pharmacy occupational outlook as much slower than average.

-Pharmacists get more prescribing powers in a few states.

-CVS vs Amazon battle heats up. Bezos puts a pharmacy in each of his new whole foods location and Amazon becomes a serious PBM and also begins selling pharmaceuticals on it's website. Amazon Key service becomes necessary for receiving pharmaceuticals from the mail.

-Walmart opens up fast medical clinics staffed with NPs and pharmacists to compete with CVS minute clinic.

-Stock market continues to pump from easy Fed quantitative easing money trickling down

- the FBI closes in on Trump

- Bitcoin will continue to go up

- stock market will be flat or negative

- interest rates will continue to go up; housing market will slow down in high cost areas

- talks of economic slow down/recession

- CVS will close more stores as it prepares itself for Amazon. CVS CEO will resign by 2019

- pharmacy schools will make cuts as enrollment will continue to go down

- pharmacist salary will be cut

- BMB brings back this thread in December 2018

Reactions: 2 users
2018 will be the year that Dogecoin breaks out and goes TO THE MOON!

Absolutely nothing changes.

My gut tells me you are completely wrong on everything except this prediction.......but on the other hand, you do have a track record for being right. But yes, do remember to revive this thread in December 2018, so I can kick myself once again for not buying bitcoin.

My gut tells me you are completely wrong on everything except this prediction.......but on the other hand, you do have a track record for being right. But yes, do remember to revive this thread in December 2018, so I can kick myself once again for not buying bitcoin.
dont feel bad. this is me on coinbase.

+370.87496678 ETH
@ $13.28 per ETH
Reference code
GM5EB5CH
Payment Method
PNC - Spend - everyday... ******5469

Fee
$73.40
Subtotal
$4,926.00
Total
$4,999.40
2/23/2017 7:18 PM

it would be worth over 259,000.00 USD today but I sold like a p***y at 100 USD a coin. It haunts me. I went all in on Lunyr LUN (tens of thousands of dollars, essentially all my savings) and this time i am holding till at least 10x. Gambling and greed is addictive, what can i say.

- the FBI closes in on Trump

- Bitcoin will continue to go up

- stock market will be flat or negative

- interest rates will continue to go up; housing market will slow down in high cost areas

- talks of economic slow down/recession

- CVS will close more stores as it prepares itself for Amazon. CVS CEO will resign by 2019

- pharmacy schools will make cuts as enrollment will continue to go down

- pharmacist salary will be cut

Bragging time? Yup, I got everything right even on Bitcoin. I reversed my position in late Dec and told everyone Bitcoin was going to crash when it became apparent to me that the Bitcoin bubble was popping.

BTC will recover briefly then down it goes

See my posts in the Bitcoin thread:

crytocurrency forum (bitcoin and more)

Bragging time? Yup, I got everything right even on Bitcoin. I reversed my position in late Dec and told everyone Bitcoin was going to crash when it became apparent to me that the Bitcoin bubble was popping.

See my posts in the Bitcoin thread:

crytocurrency forum (bitcoin and more)

Um almost everything you said hasn't happened except for the obvious flat market and continued interest rate hikes.

Nothing is happening to Trump, Bitcoin still isn't done, no recession talks, salary hasn't been cut (mine hasn't at least), CVS isn't closing stores, etc.

Don't worry you still have 9 months though

Absolutely nothing changes.

Look how accurate this is though, spot on.

Um almost everything you said hasn't happened except for the obvious flat market and continued interest rate hikes.

Nothing is happening to Trump, Bitcoin still isn't done, no recession talks, salary hasn't been cut (mine hasn't at least), CVS isn't closing stores, etc.

Put on your old reading glass.

Pharmacist salary has not gone down? CVS is not closing stores? Put down the Xanax bottle already.

ImageUploadedBySDN1564068613.946014.jpg

Cvs not doing good business overall, stocks will go down may be in pennies soon !!!!

They still opened more stores than they closed on the year. The closed stores were just really crappy stores that did no business.

Where is the link to support this? The stock has dropped 50% from its high. Merlo’s neck is on the line.