What is your major?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Neuroscience

Members don't see this ad.

Applied math, almost a chemistry minor.

microbiology, already finished psych minor, prolly a human physiology minor and maybe an econ minor if my brain is intact senior year

Members don't see this ad :)
Anthropology & I loved every second of it!
Edit: Human Complex Systems minor

Biomedical Engineering :)
It's fun and interesting, but a bit of a GPA killer.

Biology here.
Though I also have interest in philosophy (mind and will)

Mechanical Engineering

Wish I would have taken more business classes so that I could have a little turtle and name it myrtle.

Nursing (don't do it) and European history

Mechanical Engineering

How much did your bachelors focus on application? I went with applied math because I like stuff like calculus and diff eq but I hate proofs and pure math. I haven't seen much application so far in my degree. I'm thinking I should have been an engineering major. :mad:

English Major!!!!! minor/Biology
I think our language is phenomenal.

Members don't see this ad :)
Neurobiology, physiology, and behavior (one major) with a minor in Chicano Studies :) and absolutely loving it!

How much did your bachelors focus on application? I went with applied math because I like stuff like calculus and diff eq but I hate proofs and pure math. I haven't seen much application so far in my degree. I'm thinking I should have been an engineering major. :mad:

Well engineering by definition is simply applied physics and math. We used up through calc 2 and some diff eq but usually never any calc 3 later in engineering classes. Really a lot of engineering classes used more matrix theory (or linear algebra as it was called at our school) which as I understand is employed a little bit in analytic chemistry class. Some of our classes touched on partial diff eq but that's usually graduate level math. That was in acoustics and biothermal fluid mechanics. You probably would have like engineering if you like calc but not advanced calc!

As far as application, even in engineering school, the classes never use math much further than deriving equations. Then in the real world so far I have used nothing than simple algebra and trig!

Healthcare Administration with a minor in Finance (Go Business majors!)

Biology and sociology

((Thus, my constant request to stop the sociology major hate. We are people too!!))

double major in Transfiguration and Herbology

double minor in Muggle Studies and Care of Magical Creatures