What jobs did you work or currently work while in DPT school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fix.Your.Gait

Reaction score
I need some ideas on how to make some money. I am already struggling to stay afloat in class but unfortunately am in a position where my family and I need the money.
On campus jobs just do not pay enough although working the desk gives me time to study while working. The low pay just puts it as a last resort.

Members don't see this ad.

The most costly think you could do would be to fail out or have to repeat some of PT school, so keep that in mind. Maybe look into things like tutoring (in wealthy areas you can make a killing!), dog/house sitting (in your home), babysitting, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
I need some ideas on how to make some money. I am already struggling to stay afloat in class but unfortunately am in a position where my family and I need the money.
On campus jobs just do not pay enough although working the desk gives me time to study while working. The low pay just puts it as a last resort.
Kind of random but one of my classmates worked security through school. She "worked" nights, meaning most of the time she was hanging out by herself studying and being paid for it - she was basically in a booth checking clearance on vehicles to come onsite.
I have a master's so taught as adjunct for a couple of semesters, and I also coached CrossFit but that was more for the free membership than the money itself.
A few classmates also worked as techs in PT clinics.

Caregiver may be worth considering. Like previous post said about security guard, there is not much to do as a caregiver (unless they want you to do housework, cooking, etc, which you don't have to agree on): you will probably "work" 1 hour out of 8. The rest of the time you will just need to be present "just in case." Caregivers are at a very high demand and you can find a client who is pretty high level if you are not interested in helping them with hygiene.

Reactions: 1 user