dentist2008

UF class of 2008
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 7, 2003
Tallahassee, FL
Status (Visible)
I will be going to UF. They sent me a form with all the immunizations that they need. Other than MMR, hepatitis, proof of varicella and a TB skin test, they also want a tetnus shot.
Well, actually on the form they send us, tetnus shot was listed as optional but later they called me and said that they want it anyway.
Just wondering what other schools require?

The Musketeer

Guardian of Justice
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2004
Cleveland (ON, Can)
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
For Case, it's just Hep B. But anyways, because I had to volunteered in the hospital, I have taken almost every shot available!

trypmo

Arch Fiend
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2004
Texas
Status (Visible)
The Hep B vaccination is a series of 3 injections over a period of 6 months. Do the schools require you to have the entire series done by the time you matriculate, or is it enough to have gotten to the 2nd shot?

It probably varies, but I'm curious.

About the Ads

ItsGavinC

Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 7, 2001
Arizona
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Originally posted by trypmo
The Hep B vaccination is a series of 3 injections over a period of 6 months. Do the schools require you to have the entire series done by the time you matriculate, or is it enough to have gotten to the 2nd shot?

It probably varies, but I'm curious.

The vaccination isn't complete or effective until you've received that third shot, but if you aren't doing any type of clinical work it won't matter much.

We just had to have our series started by the time we matriculated. Which reminds me, I'm due for my final in the series.

Comet208

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2002
Indianapolis
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
Perfect, i suggest you start getting the Hep B vaccination series ASAP soon or later they will ask you for it.

Comet

kokopelli

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 27, 2003
Sin City
Status (Visible)
UNLV asked for the hepatitis B series (you can get away with having only 2 for enrollment, but you'll need to get your third one before you have any patient contact), two MMRs, one TD (tetanus diphtheria), and one tuberculosis skin test.

arns51

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2002
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by PERFECT3435
IUSD hasn't asked me for any vaccinations.:confused:

dont worry, ive been accepted to OSU for some time now and havent heard anything about vaccinations. However, like Comet said I would get started on HepB, to my knowledge every dental school requires it.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.