what makes a good interview day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

indiamacbean

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, for those who have been through the interview process, what do you think were key features of a good interview day? Our program is making adaptations to the interview day and I want to make sure that we are giving people what they want.

for me, the pre-interview dinners were key as were the discussion with fellows when they were on their own. In retrospect I don't think that many of interview days were specific enough about the logistics of their rotations and how easy it is to get trained in different areas (level 2 vs. level 3) and how easy it is to obtain subspecialty spots.
 
Fellows who sell the program and are enthusiastic are (obviously) a big plus. I also saw a fantastic morning report that impressed.