What math courses are required for physical therapy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

sc221

I am currently entering into Community College this fall and I'm curious as to know what math classes I should take for me to later enter into Physical Therapy School?

I heard that Statistics I is a course that I should take, but is Statistics II required?
Also is Calculus needed as well?

Thank you very much and I apologize in advance if I happen to post this in the wrong area of the forum!

Members don't see this ad.

Stats I and usually Pre-Calc or Calc if necessary.

75% of PTCAS programs have no math prerequisites besides statistics. For the ones that do, it can be college algebra, trigonometry, pre-calc or calculus (rare). If you take trig and college algebra but don't make it to calc, you're probably covering >90% of schools.

For statistics, most require one course, but you need to check with the programs you are interested in-- some require that the course have ANOVA, both descriptive/inferential statistics, etc.

Here is a table summarizing the prereq requirements for PTCAS schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try looking at the websites of a number of schools you might be interested in applying to. They will clearly spell out exactly what you are required to have taken.