What microscope to buy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DonJuanMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I want to get a microscope so that I can work at home. I need a scope with a camera on it, preferrably with good resolution. I intend to do pathologic photography. I will hook my scope to my data server which has about 30TB+ of storage space so big file size would not be an issue. Any particular scope to buy?

Sent from my SM-G930F using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Hi. I want to get a microscope so that I can work at home. I need a scope with a camera on it, preferrably with good resolution. I intend to do pathologic photography. I will hook my scope to my data server which has about 30TB+ of storage space so big file size would not be an issue. Any particular scope to buy?

Nikon eclipse.

Bear in mind that in many places it is against the rules to take patient slides home. You could do research I suppose.

Members don't see this ad :)

For quality photomicroscopy it is all about the quality of the optics and less the brand. SPlan Apo objectives are generally considered tops but are very expensive.
Of course, the camera needs to be a superior one.

I like the Olympus brand. Zeiss is for the rich playboys.

You need your house to have a CLIA to sign out at home.

I recommend Altami BIO 1 microscope

Attachments

• micro_bio1T_digital.jpg
    micro_bio1T_digital.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 41