What more financial aid can schools offer beyond full tuition?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

and 99 others

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was fortunate enough to receive a scholarship offer for full tuition and fees. I was told by the financial aid department that if another school offered more funding, to let them know and they may match the offer. This made me wonder, what else could schools offer beyond full tuition? Do they pay students a stipend and if so, how much is that usually?

Members don't see this ad.

I was fortunate enough to receive a scholarship offer for full tuition and fees. I was told by the financial aid department that if another school offered more funding, to let them know and they may match the offer. This made me wonder, what else could schools offer beyond full tuition? Do they pay students a stipend and if so, how much is that usually?
There are a few schools that have full COA scholarships beyond tuition to cover living expenses, etc, for those lucky enough to receive it. There's at least one school I know of that also provides a stipend.

Reactions: 1 users
Some scholarships cover tuition, fees, and living expenses (housing, food, transportation, etc.) in the form of a stipend. If your scholarship covers everything the stipend should be about 2.8k per month.

Reactions: 1 user