What Must I Do To Gain Admittance Into SGU?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Confused 20

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a student in the United States who very much wants to gain admittance into medical school here in the states. The major problem is that I strongly feel I do not have the ability to gain admittance into a school in the United States because of a myriad of reasons. A brief synopsis of the reasons why I am certain that I will not gain admittance into a United States school are the fact that it is tremendously competitive, and I am very unstable mentally, unintelligent, lazy, and I have tremendous difficulty communicating with and being around people. The Caribbean is my small glimmer of hope of gaining admittance into medical school. This is why SGU is the school that I realistically am setting a goal to gain admittance into. Can anyone tell me what I must do to be an ideal candidate for SGU? Any input will be appreciated.

Here are my stats (which I feel will drop a great deal in the two years of academics that I have left because I will be attempting to complete the Chemistry, Physics, and Organic Chemistry prerequisites):
Overall GPA - 3.77
Science GPA - 3.591

Extracurricular:
Research assignment on the intromittent organs in a species of live bearing fish- at school
Research assignment on ascophyllum - at school
Research assignment on genetics of aging- UCONN Health Center
Volunteer at Same Day Surgery department of hospital - 645 hours

What must I do in terms of extracurriculars to be a prime candidate for SGU? If my gpas remains the same in the next two years, what must I get on the MCAT to be competitive for SGU?

I very badly want to gain admittance into SGU so any advice and input will be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

A brief synopsis of the reasons why I am certain that I will not gain admittance into a United States school are the fact that it is tremendously competitive, and I am very unstable mentally, unintelligent, lazy, and I have tremendous difficulty communicating with and being around people. .

Mental health counselling would be first and foremost. Consider a career being a troll on online forums. If that doesn't work out you can take an MMPI, get therapy, go to finishing school, etc.:laugh:

I am currently a student in the United States who very much wants to gain admittance into medical school here in the states. The major problem is that I strongly feel I do not have the ability to gain admittance into a school in the United States because of a myriad of reasons. A brief synopsis of the reasons why I am certain that I will not gain admittance into a United States school are the fact that it is tremendously competitive, and I am very unstable mentally, unintelligent, lazy, and I have tremendous difficulty communicating with and being around people. The Caribbean is my small glimmer of hope of gaining admittance into medical school. This is why SGU is the school that I realistically am setting a goal to gain admittance into. Can anyone tell me what I must do to be an ideal candidate for SGU? Any input will be appreciated.

Here are my stats (which I feel will drop a great deal in the two years of academics that I have left because I will be attempting to complete the Chemistry, Physics, and Organic Chemistry prerequisites):
Overall GPA - 3.77
Science GPA - 3.591

Extracurricular:
Research assignment on the intromittent organs in a species of live bearing fish- at school
Research assignment on ascophyllum - at school
Research assignment on genetics of aging- UCONN Health Center
Volunteer at Same Day Surgery department of hospital - 645 hours

What must I do in terms of extracurriculars to be a prime candidate for SGU? If my gpas remains the same in the next two years, what must I get on the MCAT to be competitive for SGU?

I very badly want to gain admittance into SGU so any advice and input will be greatly appreciated.

Dude, you really need to get a grip. You sound like some of those students who say "Oh my god, I'm going to fail Step 1" hoping the rest of us will say, "No you won't. You're smart, you'll rock Step 1." And then those same students end up doing great on Step 1. Stop trying to seek validation from the rest of us and just work on your applications.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude, you seriously need to stop being sarcastic for once in your life. Are you asking us on the forum to actually take you seriously when you say you are "unintelligent and lazy," but have a 3.7gpa??? *****, your bus is leaving!!

can i ask why you aren't applying to mainland schools in the US? Are you from out of the country? I'm just curious because your GPA is so high and you seem to have great extracirricular activities.