what now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dds2010

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I call the schools to make sure that they have everything that is needed for my application to be considered complete? Everything in my application has been sent out and it has been a week since I took the DAT, but I have not heard anything from the schools, except for a few secondaries. I'm just nervous that maybe AADSAS did not send something; but at the same time, aren't the admission offices tired of hearing the same question? Really confused on what to do and really worried that something might be missing.

Members don't see this ad.

Of course they are tired of hearing the same question, but that is why they have (at least the schools to which I have applied) great people in those offices that are very upbeat. CALL! You need to make sure everything is in order...don't let it just pan out and expect it to be ok. You will sleep a lot better knowing that your applicaiton is ACTUALLY complete. Good Luck!

Well, one week isnt a very long time but call when you think something isn't right. I waited over a month and heard nothing from UCSF. (Their web tools have not been updated in that month)

Well, I just checked it 2 hrs ago and it said my app is incomplete because they are missing 2 of my LOR's. I'm calling them as soon as the office opens but should have done so quite a while ago.

Lesson? Call!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks you guys!

how did you call UCSF? i keep running through their maze with the automated answering system and ultimately......a voicemail. it says on my ucsf webtools that my app is incomplete without any letters of rec or my DAT score and i don't know who to call....

PDizzle said:
Well, one week isnt a very long time but call when you think something isn't right. I waited over a month and heard nothing from UCSF. (Their web tools have not been updated in that month)

Well, I just checked it 2 hrs ago and it said my app is incomplete because they are missing 2 of my LOR's. I'm calling them as soon as the office opens but should have done so quite a while ago.

Lesson? Call!

twinklit said:
how did you call UCSF? i keep running through their maze with the automated answering system and ultimately......a voicemail. it says on my ucsf webtools that my app is incomplete without any letters of rec or my DAT score and i don't know who to call....

I had the same problem!

I havn't called them yet. I am trying to do that right now. I also get the voice mail run-around. If I get through, I'll post it here. Please do the same if you guys get through. :laugh:

have you tried pushing a whole bunch of buttons on the telephone at once? or maybe try not pressing a number at all... maybe that'll get a real person on the line. :D